Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kill Story King
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Search Function is not working and I need to get this resolved asap hence why I am posting, but its with the inability to search

Yesterday I help my friend jump his car, while I waited for his car to take a charge I was cleaning out my trunk. Hot Florida Day, I pick up my rear spare which was exposed to the heat and drop it back into the trunk. Thought nothing of it, then as I leave my buddies house after charging his car my gas gauge starts to fall to the floor. Of course I check to make sure fuel isn't spilling all over the road, but none. So then it starts to kick up a bit, then dies down, put gas in it, hits 1/1 a tank (which is full now) and drive and it falls to the floor. TOday it has no response. I opened up the fuel tank/pump cover and checked the wire and the plug, looked good, then checked the plug in the trunk where the antenna splices in, looked fine, what else could make the gauge stop working???

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Sounds like the fuel level sensor wires were damaged. Check the manual and determine which wires they are and then check their continuity.

·
Kill Story King
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled back the tape etc, and the wires looked fine. They are marker with some silver marker but other then that they are normal. Is there a chance that the wire running ontop of the fuel tank (under the car) to the hole in the driver side of the trunk be damaged? should I drop the fuel tank to check?>?? does that make sense. It is odd to me, that the gauge died under these pretenses, is there a replacement part out there to fix this problem?>

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
This happened to me too, pull the fuel pump out of the tank. There are wires attached to a plastic peice which slided into place on the fuel pump. put them back into postion & the gauge will work...hopefully

·
Kill Story King
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May sound dumb, but Can i leave the gas tank in place, and what is the difficulty of this. When I opened the lid, seemed straight forward and I have helped with a mkiii pump, but this is my baby lol, and I would hate to have to do something major, going into thinking how minor it is.
thanks LancJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts