Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kind of the same problem as some people with their gas meters giving wack reading...however my gas meter is totally shot...it ALWAYS reads empty like BELOW the actual E line for empty, the power going to it is fine and fuses are fine....and whent he gas gets real real low the arm slowly goes a lil high towards the empty line...any one kno why my meter is shot? when i fill it up it falls all the way below empty again...it never says full...sometimes if im lucky i can wiggle the car enough to get it to go to a lil below half way....someone PLEASEEEEE tell me how to fix it....cautiously filling the tank every two days with 5 bux is killin my bank account...i'd rather fill it up once a week and save a few bux instead of gettin all scared that im going to die out on the highway....

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Suposidly the contacts on the sender can get corroded. So you have to take the sender out of the gas tank, and make sure the contacts are clean. At least this is what i have heard. Ask someone like shawndude. he will know the answer.
DON'T CROSS POST.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.