661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering whats everyone's gas mileage like. Im running:

Manual Boost controller @17psi
BCC
HKS BOV.
RMM down pipe
3" Apex GT exhast

My gas mileage is averaging 17.5 mpg. I use the car to commute back and forth from work. The car is running a bit on the rich side. Was wondering if anyone else has similar mods with an AFC, would this make the car run more efficiently? meaning better gas mileage and also is it possible to pass emmissions with a tuned AFC? I am running the mods currently listed above and pass NYC emissions and was wondering if having a tuned AFC would it possibly increase my gas mileage and at the same time give me a better range of power

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Your lucky as hell. I'm running almost the same mods with no boost controller and only getting 13 mpg. And that is when I baby the car...I think somethings wrong, just haven't figured it out yet though... :( I have an AFC and MBC sitting here beside me wanting to be installed, just don't have the time right now...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your lucky as hell. I'm running almost the same mods with no boost controller and only getting 13 mpg. And that is when I baby the car...I think somethings wrong, just haven't figured it out yet though... I have an AFC and MBC sitting here beside me wanting to be installed, just don't have the time right now...
I think it could be the O2 sensor. On my old integra i had replaced the 02 sensor after 90k and my mileage increased dramatically.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn I never hit 22 yet and i drive highway a lot too.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
SC300NYC said:
I think it could be the O2 sensor. On my old integra i had replaced the 02 sensor after 90k and my mileage increased dramatically.
I asked my mechanic to specifically check the o2 sensor, but he said it was fine... :dunno:

Maybe its time for a new mechanic. ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my vacuum on my boost guage is at 16. Not sure if thats a good thing but i think it should be normal.

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
when you accelerate dont go past 0 on the gauge.... use barely any throttle...... with that gas milege i was actually still boosting around 4-5 psi

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what i usually do when driving to work, i would love to have 22mpg, maybe if my car wasnt running so rich.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
TTC has been my friend for gas mileage. Basically it doesn't boost up nearly as quick as Sequential. The past month or so, i've been getting about 340-360 miles to tank full. This is of course never going into boost though on the tank of gas.

·
Registered
282 Posts
SC300NYC said:
my vacuum on my boost guage is at 16. Not sure if thats a good thing but i think it should be normal.
If this is at idle, then you, sir, have a vacuum leak somewhere. A healthy Supra will pull >20 at idle.

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
I used to get an average of about 15-16mpg with my car (ebc @ 16-18psi/afc2/intake/exhaust/dp/bov with 130K on the car.

after a blown afc due to improper wiring caused me to go have everything I had put on my car wired CORRECTLY, and some much overdue genral maintnance. I'm geting about 21mpg average.

Not that the improper wiring had anything to do with my mileage, or anything. but i've toned down the afc to almost stock settings (-5 where needed) and reverted back to my stock bov. But i was getting shitty mileage before i went bpu. I guess I really needed that maintnance.

and yes, i try to stay out of boost as much as possible when trying to conserve gas.

//gwailo-

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
I don't think people buy Supra's for the gas mileage....maybe its just me

And the 02 sensor is a good spot to check first

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah but still

Jaxx said:
I don't think people buy Supra's for the gas mileage....maybe its just me

And the 02 sensor is a good spot to check first

It would be an added benefit to get better gas mileage. Thats like saying if you own a supra you don't like saving money on gas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts