Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm BPU++++ and will be going to the dyno very soon. I run 93 full time in the car but was wondering what kind of octane should I dyno my car with? Since I won't be daily driving my car anymore I want to keep a good gas mixture at all times to run 20psi safely. There is a place that sells Cam 2/ 110 octance near my house is this good to mix with 93 pump? One gallon of 93 pump to one gallon of Cam 2 should be @ 101 octane. Is this a good route?:p

·
Registered
353 Posts
Chucky,

100 octane is good for a BPU car at your power levels. Mixing the 93 and 110 in the proper amounts will give you a 100 octane fuel. However, make sure the 110 is unleaded unless you like changing o2 sensors. Lead will foul sensors over time.

General rule of thumb - you want the lowest octane possible before you start to predetonate. Higher octane gas is harder to burn and if you run too high of an octane you will lose power. A lot of people on this board think that you should run 120 octane if it's available, and that simply is not the case. Not only is the stock ignition system incapable of properly burning anything over 110, it takes away hp to burn fuel that has an unnecessarily high amount of octane.

-m

1 - 2 of 2 Posts