Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about before but searching wasn't usefull.

Several people have noticed that the gas pedal can be depressed all the way to the floor, but does this mean that you never get to WOT? I am just wondering if anyone has done a write up or tech article etc on how to bring the pedal back more. I have an idea but I would much rather use someone elses technique that has already been tested :)

Also:
How do the DSM eclipse fans compare against the flex 210s? are the flexlites worth $160 more or do they install easier or cleaner (less wires and makeshift splices etc)?

· Registered
85 Posts
You can test your theory about the gas pedal by removing the 3000 pipe and have someone inside the car push the throtle all the way in to see if its opening as far as you want it to. If it isn't, they the throtle cable is adjustable.

I don't know much about DSM's, but I would assume they run a lot cooler than 7m's. That being so, their puny fan wouldn't support enough air flow to keep the 7m cool.

· Registered
3,669 Posts
You know that arc-shaped component that pulls the butterfly on the TB? I saw a replacement on a Japanese page once, it had a larger shape so it would open more quickly, so you had a fast snappy pedal. I bet we sould have those CNC'd.

· JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff: They couldn't charge more than $20 for something like that could they? Hmm.....

controler: The reason I ask is that the electric fans from a earlier eclipse will fit right on to our radiators perfectly, and its been done before. They are nice sized fans and all, but I was wondering if CFM wise they pushed more air than the Flex 210s. You can go to a junkyard and pick a pair up for ~$40. And also, I'm in a NA... whats a 3000 pipe :D j/p

· Registered
209 Posts
I have read about a bunch of people using DSM fans, one off a 91 Eclipse 1.8?? (I think again) and another off a 93 Talon Tsi???(i think again). The all seem to think it works fine and the install does'nt seem to horribly bad. I am gonna try it, Fans are only 10$ a pop here, my buddies DSM needed them....I f he hadn't crashed it by way of a 30' vertical crash maybe I coulda just used his..... I got the Walbor pump (same ones we use) for 100$ brand new and his semi-used 300$ cd player for 50$, he was so sick of looking at it he was taking crazy ass offers!

LOL I just realized I kinda rambled on....

Point was,

I think the fans will work fine, and I am gonna try them

G

·
i retightened my cable on the T/B and the pedal is very sencitive(hair trigger):D ,just make sure that u dont over tighten it.

BTW i have an N/A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.