Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After floorin' my MKIV and letting off the gas pedal, I have to tap on the pedal to loosen it. Weird thing is, it doesn't stay at throttle. It's just stuck.. So I'm not sure what it is. Please help.

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
My gas pedal sticks too, but not after i floor it, only at stops. I really hate it, and people who ride with me think i can't drive. The light will turn green and i'll just be sitting there, but i'm pressing the gas. Then, all of a sudden, it breaks loose and i slam their head into the seat. Any suggestions as to where to lube or something.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Caughron said:
My gas pedal sticks too, but not after i floor it, only at stops. I really hate it, and people who ride with me think i can't drive. The light will turn green and i'll just be sitting there, but i'm pressing the gas. Then, all of a sudden, it breaks loose and i slam their head into the seat. Any suggestions as to where to lube or something.
lube up the throttle cable some, and if that doesnt help my guess is to spay some wd40 or something up where the peddle's pivot point it.

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
Hey VA_Beach_supra when did you get your Supra? Is it a TT? Just wondering since im not to far from you.
John

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
gritsak said:

lube up the throttle cable some, and if that doesnt help my guess is to spay some wd40 or something up where the peddle's pivot point it.
What the hell is you talking about Willis? :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I jes got my supra

I jes got my MKIV about a month ago.. I love it.. real chic magnet.. Unfortunately, my supra not TT.. :D
I have my 3000gt VR4 to play with..
Thanks for the great replies.. I will lube the throttle cable pulleys.. and clean the throttle body.. i'll let you know how it goes..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: I jes got my supra

sup man, what color is your supra and vr-4? i live in va beach too, i have a 95 TT. there are a few others around the hampton roads area with supras, if you want to get together sometime just email me, [email protected] . well, talk to you later.
VA_Beach_supra said:
I jes got my MKIV about a month ago.. I love it.. real chic magnet.. Unfortunately, my supra not TT.. :D
I have my 3000gt VR4 to play with..
Thanks for the great replies.. I will lube the throttle cable pulleys.. and clean the throttle body.. i'll let you know how it goes..

·
boost is good
772 Posts
badmuthrfkr said:

What the hell is you talking about Willis? :cool:
lol my peddle was sticking a little bit every once in awhile when i first press on the gas, so i put a little grease/wd40 on the throttle cable and the thing it attaches to that the cable pulls on and it hasnt came back since.

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
lol my peddle was sticking a little bit every once in awhile when i first press on the gas, so i put a little grease/wd40 on the throttle cable and the thing it attaches to that the cable pulls on and it hasnt came back since.
Are you talking about up under the floorboard, or actually in the engine bay? From what i got out of it, it sounds like you are talking about under the floorboard, which is a shot.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Caughron said:

Are you talking about up under the floorboard, or actually in the engine bay? From what i got out of it, it sounds like you are talking about under the floorboard, which is a shot.
i did in the engine bay and used some wd40 on the inside. im not sure which helped but whichever it was seemed to fix the problem so far at least.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Hey man, good to know their are at least a few Supra's in VA BCH. My company is their out on Princess Anne. I had gotten mine in 98' and only about a half dozen others in the area. What all do you guys have done?

Eric

·
Registered
80 Posts
shit, there are a few bpu...bpu+++ guys here but thats it. i might be the first single turbo supra out here but i know a few other guys who have things in the works too. email me next time you're out here, maybe we can get a group of us and just drive around.
cowboy bebop said:
Hey man, good to know their are at least a few Supra's in VA BCH. My company is their out on Princess Anne. I had gotten mine in 98' and only about a half dozen others in the area. What all do you guys have done?

Eric

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Now that'd be nice to see. I haven't been in a show of force with a bunch of other Supras since the summer. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can make it, I'm in Maryland now just above DC.

Eric

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm over here off Salem Road and Lynhaven intersection, behind the Super Walmart.. I have a NA red one.. My Vr4 BPU is black .. Matter of fact, I was taking the trash out and this guy dave in a teal supra came by to check my car out cuz his friend told him I got one. That's funny cuz my fellow 3000Gt's don't have this kind of comradely. ANywaz.. i've only seen a couple too.. the yellow NA.. red TT (Wells).. white TT (ZAP INC) ..Teal FMAX NA and I saw a silver one at the car wash..

Single turbo.. I haven't heard of anyone with that work done, in VA Beach. That'll be cool to see. feel free to email me.. [email protected]

i'm here in DC now, so when I get back to the beach this weekend, I'm going fix that damn gas pedal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts