Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 tt with automatic transmission. When I stop at a red light for about 30 seconds the gas pedal sticks. I have to tap hard on it to break it free. Needless to say this jerks everything and everybody pretty hard when it goes. I have tried to lube with white lithium around the cables and the gas pedal working parts. No luck. Any ideas on whats sticking?

·
I'm Jeff Kiang Bitch!
225 Posts
the problem can be in the cable. maybe a broken strand on the cable rubbing up against the housing inside?? also check your throttle body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You have the classic case of carbon build up inside the throttle body. Pop the intake pipe off and spray some cleaner in there (carb cleaner works fine). I had this problem several years back and the last time i changed out spark plugs, I cleaned this up again as a preventative maintenance thing...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the problem: The idle adjustment screw was not touching the stop on the linkage. This was allowing the linkage to go to far foward and it would bind. I moved the idle adjustment screw up to meet the stop on the linkage. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for all your replies, I checked them all.
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts