Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost since there is no search function. Aside from all the necessities of road racing (brake vent, PS cooler... etc.) Is there anything someone should do for the fuel delivery? Is a slosh tank necessary for road racing or is an upgraded fuel pump and pressure regulator sufficient? Also I don't know much about the oil catch tank that I've been seeing... essentialy these help recirculate engine oil? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
just keep the tank over 1/4 full and you should be fine. You may have some pickup problems if it's less full than that based on what Derek Wang experienced at OTC.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Likewise, mine never does that on track ...nor on the street obviously.

Is it possible that somebody removed the small plastic container in the gas tank around the fuel pump/s?

·
Registered
785 Posts
just to make sure your not FC are you? I never have heard of a tank not supplying fuel in the manner you say especiall 1/4 full atleast ....it could be the smallest detail overlooked.......

GOODLUCK

·
Registered
438 Posts
Besides making sure the baffling in the tank is working properly. You could set up a surge tank setup, which I'm guessing is what was meant in the original post. But that seems to really work best with an external pump. I helped a friend put a setup together for his FC using the stock intank pump, a bosch or aeromotive (I forget) external pump, a surge tank and then a bunch of earl's lines and fittings. Since it's a rotary that will see road racing loads, he didn't want to take any chances with fuel delivery.

But good baffling or maybe even some fuel cell foam can go a long way. Otherwise just make sure you always have a decent amount of gas in the tank.

·
Inline for the win
4,747 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the old setup in "jkineffects" orange car? This was setup made by PRUVEN in upper north of the US. I know "twinturbopete" owns the car now and has removed the system.

DP

·
Original owner, March '94
224 Posts

Sorry, it's all I could find.

J

·
0 Posts
man i miss my car , stupidist thing ive done was letting my car go , this was a part of my life that ill never get back

·
Registered
528 Posts
The stock tank is amazingly good at providing fuel on track. I've run mine down to the warning light without fuel starvation. The DSM I used to have had issues at anything < 2/3rds of a tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts