Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got some shitty pic's, but i think that they will fulfill the purpose. Doing a HG job on my 89T (First time) and i have pitted area's on the surface of the block. Even real close to the cylinder openings.

So here is my question, and i'v done some searching, but i still gotta ask.

Will the pitting cause a stock head gasket to blow prematurly? I'm not going to be doing many mod's to my supra right now, so i'd rather do the MHG and rebuild later down the road if i can, although, i do have the cash and could get it done. (Still debating this one)

Also, does anyone put copper spray on the NON MHG's? Would it do any good?

My head has already been milled/lapped, 3angle valve job, and cams polished, so i'm not worried about that. I also just bought ARP head studs.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
wow, you really blew the hg lol. id say go mhg, just in case you decide to mod, it could save you money and time if you decide to start seriously mod the supra

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
jesus that gasket is effed... id say just pull the block and put in a MHG, just like ^^ said, could save u money down the road... aslong as u do it right....

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
depend on ur hp goal if u r running under 400hp, stock HG with ARP bolts it should hold. MHG requires to resurface the block as well, which needs alot more work. But is ur choice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts