Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a gasket for the throttle body?

My previous greddy coupler has been replaced with a black coupler I ordered from race parts, but it doesn't fit snug over the throttle body (greddy coupler comes with a black ring, which is now dry rotted and cant be used again).

Anyone know where I can get something to make it more air tight under there?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can actually buy a sheet or roll of gasket material and cut it out yourself. Any speed shop should have it. I think I got a roll of thin stuff at autozone or advanced auto parts. That should work for your throttle body. Just trace it out and cut it with an exacto or utility knife. If u need thicker u will have to get it at a speed shop or order it online.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
worst case scenario, silicon couplers can be clamped to much smaller sizes than their initial diameter, i had a 3" coupler on a 2.5" pipe for a long time and just tightened the clamp more until it was snug...

·
Banned
700 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing. I'm going to a gasket shop in the next couple of days I'll see if they have the round one.

have you tried Greedy directly? Maybe even thier website.

Also I think this gasket is more of a spacer used to help give a good and equal space on the coupler so the clamp can grip down better and spread clamping force for a better seal. Not something you can cut from a sheet maybe from a tube

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was speaking about a intercooler spacer, so that it would fit snug. It fits snug now, but i dont know if its airtight, i need to perform a leak test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts