Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I fitted the motor some weeks ago and now that i have all hoses conected the car has developed a seriuos leak on the water pump, its from the lowest screw that the water is coming out, i first thought, that it had gotten loose but even i applied more strength it keeps leaking.

Probably the fuel pump got hit when i fitted the engine in the bay so...

Did i brake the gasket or did i destroy the water pump, i have not seen any signs of external damage, but the water pump and all prodtruding from the engine took some hits maybe even preasure so I would like to hear some opinions on these. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, I have to wait untill wednesday for the gasket, i got the pump out looks ok, gasked looked ok, well its glued to surface got to remove it, any ideas will it be fixed with the gasket or is something else?

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
probably was the gasket. But if that waterpump is original you might want to change it while your at it. Its not worth an overheat.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can hardly think that the water pump might ever break :D , its a mill I had never seen a water pump before so i was like, wow this is simple desing :p

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I've had mine break. When it goes, it tends to destroy a whole lot - the fan will flop around on the front and eat your radiator shroud, and likely bend the hell out of your radiator. All your coolant blows out past the bearings, and your engine overheats.

For the $75, you can't buy an easier way to sleep at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts