Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Formerly Nosechunks
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im wondering where u guys get ur gasket sets and how much they were .i priced one from the dealership i work at and it was 270. and i called the local autolace and got around 375 for everything. valve stem seals alone are 171 from the dealership!!!!!!

Where do u guys get ur sets??

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
overhaul gasket set from toyota was about 290, aftermarkets are obviously cheaper.,..... Sorry but you gotta pay to play :)

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
overhaul gasket set from toyota was about 290, aftermarkets are obviously cheaper.,..... Sorry but you gotta pay to play :)

yes. but to a point. ajusa.com the best place period. Ive gotten 4 sets from there in the past. VERY good pricing. And they are one of the companys that produce OEM products for toyota and many other companys. If i recall correctly, it was 180 or 200. For the entire set, including valve seals, HG, turbo gaskets, blah blah blah. But check for yourself.

·
Formerly Nosechunks
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
itsnot that im cheaping out, and no way would i sell it after buyin the ross piston sety i just recieved. i was just shocked at how much it was. when i rebuilt my 22re in my truck the gasket set was like 100 bucks

·
Registered
961 Posts
I buy everything from my local toyota dealer.. great prices and service... and if they dont have the part in stock, they will have it waiting for me by the morning of the next day :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
stonedworm said:
I buy everything from my local toyota dealer.. great prices and service... and if they dont have the part in stock, they will have it waiting for me by the morning of the next day :D
same here :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
bishop used an ebay gasket set if i remember correctly for along time....of course it blew up again..
but hey you get what you paid for...

as i went this route as well.. with arps's...but i will not be boosting anywhere over 12 psi..
just my daily driver...
good luck bud.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
supragook said:
bishop used an ebay gasket set if i remember correctly for along time....of course it blew up again..
but hey you get what you paid for...

as i went this route as well.. with arps's...but i will not be boosting anywhere over 12 psi..
just my daily driver...
good luck bud.

Those gaskets are fine.... Trust me. Just get a metal hg and you will be ok. Not everything bought off Ebay is junk. I haven't had a problem yet using after market gaskets. I however use a metal HG! :)

http://shop.toyotapartstore.com/?make=TO&year=1990

What part of L.I. are you from!

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
AJUSA gasket sets are teh win, its what you need. just dont open the HG and resell it on ebay. buy a cometic or HKS gimmick.

and stock toyota valvestem seals are the win, but at $2.50ish each, ill go w/ what comes in the aJUSA set.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
Hey the 1JZ gasket set comes with a metal HG and Valve seals, from "toyota" and it cost about 150 Shipped, and all the other seals hmmmmm.......

oh well :blah: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts