Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Formerly Nosechunks
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im wondering where u guys get ur gasket sets and how much they were .i priced one from the dealership i work at and it was 270. and i called the local autolace and got around 375 for everything. valve stem seals alone are 171 from the dealership!!!!!!

Where do u guys get ur sets??

· slow.
931 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
overhaul gasket set from toyota was about 290, aftermarkets are obviously cheaper.,..... Sorry but you gotta pay to play :)

yes. but to a point. ajusa.com the best place period. Ive gotten 4 sets from there in the past. VERY good pricing. And they are one of the companys that produce OEM products for toyota and many other companys. If i recall correctly, it was 180 or 200. For the entire set, including valve seals, HG, turbo gaskets, blah blah blah. But check for yourself.

· Formerly Nosechunks
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
itsnot that im cheaping out, and no way would i sell it after buyin the ross piston sety i just recieved. i was just shocked at how much it was. when i rebuilt my 22re in my truck the gasket set was like 100 bucks

· Registered
478 Posts
bishop used an ebay gasket set if i remember correctly for along time....of course it blew up again..
but hey you get what you paid for...

as i went this route as well.. with arps's...but i will not be boosting anywhere over 12 psi..
just my daily driver...
good luck bud.

· 475RWHP 449TQ and climing
6,183 Posts
supragook said:
bishop used an ebay gasket set if i remember correctly for along time....of course it blew up again..
but hey you get what you paid for...

as i went this route as well.. with arps's...but i will not be boosting anywhere over 12 psi..
just my daily driver...
good luck bud.

Those gaskets are fine.... Trust me. Just get a metal hg and you will be ok. Not everything bought off Ebay is junk. I haven't had a problem yet using after market gaskets. I however use a metal HG! :)

http://shop.toyotapartstore.com/?make=TO&year=1990

What part of L.I. are you from!

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
AJUSA gasket sets are teh win, its what you need. just dont open the HG and resell it on ebay. buy a cometic or HKS gimmick.

and stock toyota valvestem seals are the win, but at $2.50ish each, ill go w/ what comes in the aJUSA set.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.