Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
I would use it, heavy coats both sides, but that's just me! I look at it as an added sealer, it definitely works. In fact I use it on all heated gaskets, turbo, exhaust, etc. and have always had great results using it.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i guess if the manual tells you to torque it to 54 ft/lbs anyways, ignoring another suggestion couldn't hurt :)

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
anywhere from 80lb-90lb should be good depend on which lub u use, if u r using the lub that comes with the ARP set (i think u r only suppose to torque it down to 80lb with the special lube)

·
Registered
934 Posts
2damaxsupra said:
anywhere from 80lb-90lb should be good depend on which lub u use, if u r using the lub that comes with the ARP set (i think u r only suppose to torque it down to 80lb with the special lube)

lube??? what is this lube i am suppose to use? I got them ARPS used... please help.. i'm still learning..

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
lubed studs, both necessary for torquing down heads, and torquing women. right that down grasshopper.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
KINGPIN33 said:
lube??? what is this lube i am suppose to use? I got them ARPS used... please help.. i'm still learning..
You should clean out the threads too with a thread chase to get accurate torque readings. I recommend going to ARP website and reading their technical info.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Rajunz said:
You should clean out the threads too with a thread chase to get accurate torque readings. I recommend going to ARP website and reading their technical info.

Okay i read the tech info... they talk about their lube product. But unfortunately i don't have their lube, so i will have to substitute it with something i can get at my local automotive store.

What lube do I get or do you guys reccomend besides ARP stuff?

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts