Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. So my swap is almost all complete except for a fuse blowing problem and some sort of oil leak.

Anyways.. My question is why does my gauge fuse keeps blowing. If i roll the windows down or rev past about 5000rpm... pop, there goes the fuse. Im wondering what could be causing this? I swapped in the turbo ecu and gauge cluster aswell.

Any ideas? I want my car back today!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm having some fuse problems after my swap too

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone? I want to get my car back.

Also, another problem.. I have an oil drip, but it only drips after the car has been under load.. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Anyone? I want to get my car back.

Also, another problem.. I have an oil drip, but it only drips after the car has been under load.. Any ideas?

Thanks
How bad is it? is it a drip, or a leak?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy thats doing my swap found the oil leak. It needs a new gasket for the oil feed on the turbo.

As for the short, Ill let him check out the wiring diagrams.

Also, Im pretty sure my reverse lights dont work either. Could this possibly be related to the gauge fuse blowing aswell?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bad/loose/missing grounds can cause all kinds of strange behavior as the power from some function, like power windows, finds a way back to the battery the easiest way it can. It's the things that use lots of current that cause the most havoc. Be glad that fuse blew - it did it's job. Your reverse light problem may be related, but you won't know until all the grounds are fixed. If there's 12V at the reverse lights when they're supposed to light, but they don't light, check the ground that's back there.

Asterix

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yeah, I had a bad ground once and every time I would turn on my lights it would blow the fuse because there was a direct short to the ground. that's most likely what's causing your fuse to blow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys.

Im going to go check in tommorow to see whats going on. Also, my power locks and dome lights havent worked since i bought the car. Any ideas what could be wrong with that? Would a fuse cause both of these to stop working? I never really looked at the fuses lol.. but I will check that all when I get the car back.

My next mods are a 3" turbo elbow, megan GT muffler, K&N intake and a turbosmart MBC.

Do you think 14psi of boost is safe to run as a daily driver on the ct26? The engine has about 45,000 miles. I have 3" exhaust (except a 3" turbo elbow), cometic MHG, arp studs and the gaskets for the coolant and oil are going to be changed on the turbo. The turbo doesnt have any shaft play either. It has a new stock clutch in it and a re-surfaced flywheel.. New throwout bearing.. Lsd, I guess i had the "sport" version of the N/A. My goal is about 300RWHP.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yes, a fuse can stop the locks and dome lights from working, check the fuses both under the hood and under the driver's side kickpanel (I think you'll find one of those to be blown).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts