Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i took apart my gauge cluster to re-calibrate my needles because i put them in wrong the first time after i installed my speedhut guages. I followed this link HERE to help me out. I have the tach, speedo, oil, and turbo working fine. It's the damn temperature and fuel gauge. My temperature gauge rises almost to red (even though my autometer temp gauge reads 190 at the most). My fuel gauge before used to read waaaaaaay full, when in fact i only had 3/4 of a tank full. Now it reads waaaay below the "E" mark.

What did i do wrong??? i'm pretty sure i set them on there correctly. I'm more concerned about the fuel gauge because it's really important with these gas sucking pigs. Did i place the needles on too hard????

Thanks.

Derek

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
For the temp gauge, I'm not sure. I know I had a problem with it but I also had an aftermarket water temp so I wasn't worried.

What I did when my fuel gauge read wrong was this. I just went and filled the car completely up and a gas station really close by. Come home, take the gauges out, put the needle on full and be done. It worked fine for me.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you know how high up to put the fuel gauge though??? cause it can sit quite a bit above the "F" mark.

D
0 Posts
derK said:
how do you know how high up to put the fuel gauge though??? cause it can sit quite a bit above the "F" mark.
Ive never done this, but if you think about it you could fill your tank close by, take apart the cluster and put your needle on F or a little bellow, this way when your gauge reads E you will actually still have a little bit of gas left. This way you will never have to worry about running out of gas. Unless you like running your car until your on fumes? ;)

my .o2

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
according to the link in my first post though, it says to place the needle at the "E" mark. I'm assuming that if i do that when i turn it on the needle will rise to its correct position, depending on how much fuel i have left.

The first time i put the needle back on, i tried placing it to almost the same position when it came off. But when i turned the car on, the needle kept rising and pegged itself off way above the "F" mark. Now, i tried doing it where i place it at the "E" mark, hoping it'll place itself into correct position but it doesn't budge.

I'll pull it apart AGAIN and find out the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts