Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
S.T.A.R.S.
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to replace all my regular gauges with autometer carbon fiber gauges, and I was hoping I could get ALL in dash with little modification. Is this possible and which type of gauge do I get? (mechanical, electrical, ect.)

I was wondering if anyone else had done this, I dont want some nasty 5" tach mounted on my console, I want it ALL indash replacements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
get electric gauges, except for the boost gauge. 60mm requires removal of quite a bit of material, 52's fit better, but won't look QUITE as good in my opinion.

i'm in the works of doing the same thing, but i'm using DEFI gauges. :)

-shaeff

·
S.T.A.R.S.
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey those DEFIs look great, I want the amber red ones, thats exactly the colors I wanted. I thought the speedo and all that were mechanical because they use a cable from the transmission to read my speed.

Take that back, they dont have a full line, speedometer is no where to be found.

ok so 52mm gauges for the smaller ones, and 5" in dash for speedo and tach right?

This is what I wanted... http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=2510

is that the right one?

and also for fuel level, what range do I get? Theres one thats 0 ohms empty/90 ohms full, and all that, which one do I need?

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
yes a few have done it.
i forget the peoples names on here but if you a member of supra mania its easy to find in their tech section there.
-sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts