Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me first say I recently bought a 91 5 speed turbo supra that came with mbc, 3 inch dp connected to stock turbo elbow, 3 inch hks exhaust with gutted cat, and I just put on an intake. It also came with what looks to be pink gauges in the day and red lighting at night. It never really bothered me till I bought my boost and pyrometer gauges. I want those guages to match the stock gauges. So I took the time to take those ugly gauges out and put the stock ones back in. While I was puttin the stock guages in, I tried as best to match the needles to where they were before I took them off. So after I put everything back in, problems started to happen. I noticed.....

-Gas gauge appeared lower then before.(I went to the gas station to fill up the tank to see if that would recalibrate the gauge but no luck.)

-Oil pressure gauge was between 60-80 ( Even though it was lower when the gauges that came with the car were in. So the guy who put the gauges that came with the car probably messed it up) So if anybody could tell me if thats actually correct now, let me know.

When I took the car for a test drive to see if the tach and speedo was ok, I noticed....

-Tach was off by a little because I remembered when I bought the car the car use to start buildin boost by 2500. Now it starts around 2200-2300.

-Boost gauge never went pass 0 and never went under 0.

Does anybody know what I should do? How f**ked am I? If you guys need a lil more info let me know. I need help badly!

·
Registered
302 Posts
just remove the needle, and set it to the zero mark. When the guage is off it would make sense that the needle would be at lowest possible reading

·
Registered
302 Posts
any guage in general. the guages only go so far, and at their lowest point you want the needle to be set at the lowest reading .

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any guage in general. the guages only go so far, and at their lowest point you want the needle to be set at the lowest reading .
Well acutally the tach will go under 0. It moves pretty freely so its hard to get it to stay at 0. It will do a complete rotation. It doesnt have a stoppin point. As I tried to find the stopping point, I felt it gettin tighteras I spun it clockwise. Unless you are tryin to say to put the rest of the guages at there lowest point cause other then the tach and speedo the gauges are half sweeps?

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock guages are aleady back in. I think the only ones workin properly is temperature, speedo, and mayb the oil pressure. Im just wondering how could I fix all this because the needles are pretty sensative and its hard to get them at the exact point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts