Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me some clues on why my gauges aint lighiting up ?? the all wor and everything but wont light up. ive tried the fuses and didnt fix nothing. any help would be very much appreciated.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
this happened to me like a month ago. Try spinning the dimmer switch, its located right below the switch panel to the left of the steering wheel, a small spinning circle stickin a little bit out of the dash.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
yeah im voting for the dimmer switch also....

occums razor: the simplest solution is usually the correct one

i always hit that damn thing with my knee and didnt realize it and would also go crazy trying to figure out whats wrong lol...

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
If it's not the dimmer check all your fuses, I blew my fuse and I had no lights for my climate control or gauges ...

·
5,467 Posts
Nocheez said:
lol thank you sir .....for some reason i always spell it that way cause i used to live off of a street named occum.....and i know its occam........just always gets put down as occum :doh:

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
if its not the dimmer switch and you've checked the fuses id say take the guages out and check everything behind it make sure everything ok back there. (all thought I figure they would be consdiering your gauges work just dont light up)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tired that dimmer switch and nuthing, can someone tell me where that fuse is located?? is it under the hood or in the kick panel ?? i guess ill check them out again. thanks !

·
5,467 Posts
the fuse is under the drivers side dash in the kick panel.... theres two fuses...one is the GUAGE fuse and thats for the actual functionality of the gauges..the other one which is probably the one yuo want to check is the TAIL fuse....thats hooked up to your lights in youg auges as it turns on the tailights when you put the headlights on at night etc etc.....

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my dim lights are just that- dim. In any newer car they are nice and bright. My switch dial is on full but I think the bulbs need replacing or something. I can't even see the oil pressure gauge in the dark.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
hawkeye said:
The rheostat or dimmer switch is probably bad, they ain't cheap either.
unless you find one on ebay for like 10 bucks..they are scattered everywhere. Other than that, its 90 bucks, new.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,996 Posts
The very first night I bought, and drove my supra, I had that problem... I was driving around with the over head lights in the car on, so I could see if I was A:)Boosting. & B:)Speeding. :D

But yeah, if was my dimmer,,.... I was too exited over the car to think about that one..

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
My cousin had the same problem in his 89 Turbo. None of the guages would light up and it was sad cuz he had just bought a chrome face plate. But anyways, he solved the problem by changing the panel with the 4 buttons, i believe they were the 2 coin holders, defroster and fog lights. Oh by the way, he took that panel off of a 87 non turbo so if you were wondering if it fits, your answer is it does. Hope that helps.

Neal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had that happen in my 89T. Some of the wires had shorted and melted near the radio and shifter assembly. I noticed someone had put a 30amp fuse where a 5 or 7.5amp (memory is a little foggy) was supposed to go. Looked like some circus monkey stereo installation was the original cause, and the fool putting bigger fuses in made it worse. Anyway, I hope that isn't the cause of yours, but I thought I'd just throw that in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts