Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay everyone, just checking to see if anyone is in the market to produce this. The sources are available if there is enough interest. The manifold will be a stainless steel, tubular T4 single turbo manifold for the 1jz. There will be two ways to order it. You will be able to order it without a wastegate flange welded to the wastegate dump tube, or with your choice of any waste gate flange. Pictures of the first prototype will be up later on this evening. The price is still a little bit negotiable, but shouldd be very close to the following estimates:

Manifold WITHOUT wastegate flange: 775.00
Manifold WITH choice of Wastegate flange welded: 850.00

Prices do not include shipping. The manifold will be polished for a very nice look. Again, pictures will be up later this evening. Chris Hamilton (HAMSMKIII) and I will be producing this. The pictures are of the test manifold itself bolted to Chris' head with his T4 attached. There is a picture that shows the WG tube touching the motor mount. This was encountered during the testfit and we will be cutting and changing the angle so as to not touch it and be a perfect fit. There will be more pictures added of the manifold off of the motor. Thanks for the interest!

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
that thing is a beauty and it looks like a Blitz replica. If you can make that, im sure people would be into it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
yea just like people are into the Wasabi which is just as good yet priced less. :rolleyes:

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
question: how come wasabi sells a lot of good stuff, but has the worst website ive ever seen.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
Wasabi is priced less? At last check, theirs was over 900

Trev

YEAH!! that's what i thought too. :dunno: I THOUGHT that there's were like $1150 or something around there.

If they sells theirs for less then $900 i might be switching out manifolds here.

Bryan

BTW, Trev GREAT!!! work. Looks fantastic! I'm SURE that if you start making them that they would sell in the community.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
i get them for ~750 if ya want one, LMK

That said... I would buy this one over the wasabi.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I'm very happy with the header so far. I am going to take about 3" off the stock for the wastegate tube. Then I will put on a 60 degree bend and cant it, so that the wastegate will be positioned next to the block. This will give plenty of clearance. I am fabbing it up for a HKS 50mm SS racing gate. It will have more than enough clearance for a large Tial 46mm gate as well. Also, the runners are positioned nicely for a large compressor. I have a PTE67 sitting on the header right now, but clearance is very good. Right now there is a little more than a 1/4" clearance if you wanted to run something larger. The turbo sits close to the head so fitment in the engine bay is nice too. The only issue I have seen so far is the stock water neck. I have taken the two water nipples off the water neck and smoothed it out. This provides perfect clearance for a 4" intake pipe. I would mock up the water neck modification I made, but I dropped it off to my powdercoater for beautification.... Gloss black...

I hope you guys like it.

- Hams

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigTSetter said:
YEAH!! that's what i thought too. :dunno: I THOUGHT that there's were like $1150 or something around there.

If they sells theirs for less then $900 i might be switching out manifolds here.

Bryan

BTW, Trev GREAT!!! work. Looks fantastic! I'm SURE that if you start making them that they would sell in the community.
I can't take that kind of credit....I would direct that credit to Chris:)

Trev

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
I can't take that kind of credit....I would direct that credit to Chris:)

Trev

Once again, a thread that i got too excited about seeing the pics. and not reading through the entire thread.

Well, congrats to the BOTH!! of you. Trev, you're on your way to having a Sick 1JZ and HAMS, well, if you ever make up your mind and decide to actually stick with something for more then a week with out changing your mind i'm sure that you would be boostin the nights away.

I would LOVE!!! to see this manifold in production. I'm sure that the community would really benifit from it. Plus, you guys can make a little "green" on the side.

Bryan

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
hmm.. Is a tang exhaust housing worth switching manifold for this? Mine has an on-center now, would like to get a tang.. but wont fit on mine.... what gains would I really notice (spool noticably better, a noticable amount of power increase?? )

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Tangential is by far a superior setup. I have have both, and believe me, tangential is the way to go. When I was trying to decide what I was going to use, all I did was search the net....just see for yourself how many turbos that are sold are using oncenter housings versus tangential. Just for yourself, look at the physics of an on center versus the physics of the tang....just look how the air hits the turbine wheel...you will see why tang is superior.

Trev

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
BigTSetter said:
Once again, a thread that i got too excited about seeing the pics. and not reading through the entire thread.

Well, congrats to the BOTH!! of you. Trev, you're on your way to having a Sick 1JZ and HAMS, well, if you ever make up your mind and decide to actually stick with something for more then a week with out changing your mind i'm sure that you would be boostin the nights away.

I would LOVE!!! to see this manifold in production. I'm sure that the community would really benifit from it. Plus, you guys can make a little "green" on the side.

Bryan
Thanks Bryan, I appreciate the kind words!! I agree, I need to stick to a darn setup and just get it done... I have forever tinkered with different companies and who to work a kit. In the end, I looked at the money companies like SP and Boost Logic were charging, and decided that it was silly to pay that much for someone else to do the work when I know I can do it myself. Anyhow, Trev and I have been friends for a while, and he knows that I have a business on the side selling parts. We have both talked for a while about bringing parts to the market. We are not both out to make any fanstatic profit on this deal, we're trying to support the 1JZ community and bring a new part into the market that's quality and something that guys would want to run. I've been a big supporter of the 1JZ community because I had a lot of help during my swap phase, and I just want to pass that help along.

That said, I think this header is an excellent piece. I would like to try and make a support bar for it that would bolt on underneath from one of the flange bolts to the header, and then bolt up to the block itself where the support bars for the stock twins bolt up to the block. This would ensure that the header will not crack from the stress of a large frame turbo like this. I am working on this now, and we'll see how it turns out.

The wastegate tube is not finished yet, as the pictures can see. I am personally welding a flange on for my HKS 50mm SS racing gate. I am going to put a nice bend on the tube about 3" up to angle it back towards the block. This way the wastegate will rest close to the block and out of the way of the downpipe. It will be very nice when complete.

Anyhow, thanks again for the compliments guys, I hope we can get it done if the interest is good. If not, then Trev and I will have a really nice header that we can show off!!

- Hams

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Just my opinion but i would build it for the Tial 44mm gate. It's proven to be the best gate on the market and it's at a Great price.
WOTM Tial WG

Tial BOV Sound Clip (right click, Save As)

Tial open gate at 30psi :wackit: and then the Tial BOV to top it off....:wackit::wackit:

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
BigTSetter said:
Just my opinion but i would build it for the Tial 44mm gate. It's proven to be the best gate on the market and it's at a Great price.
WOTM Tial WG

Tial BOV Sound Clip (right click, Save As)

Tial open gate at 30psi :wackit: and then the Tial BOV to top it off....:wackit::wackit:

I can put any flange the customer wants on the header. I am leaving that option open to the purchaser as a service to them. I am personally running a HKS SS racing gate on mine because it's what I like. If someone were to select to run that gate, I would likely ask for more as the flange for the 50mm SS gate is $120 alone.

Anyhow, I think the Tial gates are a great value suspect I'd end up using them the most on customer's headers.

- Hams.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yes the Tial BOV is one of the BEST sounding ones on the market today. I higly reccomend it to ANYONE for ANY application (cept if they need to recirculate

1 - 20 of 23 Posts