Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gauging interest, twin gt28r turbo kit , NEW PICS!!!!!

Well I am making a custom twin GT28r turbo kit for my 1JZ. I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in a kit, either as a complete kit with manifolds, turbo's, downpipe, oil lines........ Or I could just sell the manifold and you could take care of everything else. The stainless steel manifolds will have a T2 flange, so you can use T25, T28, GT25, GT28R, GT28RS, or any other turbo,s using the T2 flange.

Anybody interested?, I estimate that this kit should be good for 500-600 rwhp with the GT28r turbos, and spool up between 3500-4000 rpm. It wouldnt be done for about a month or two bacause I have to make my kit first and test it out, but I am getting extra flanges made so I can duplicate it.

EDIT, New numbers, 502 rwhp and 470tq at 22 psi, mix of 94 octane pump gas and 4 gallons of C16.

This kit is now for sale, $4000 complete or $3000 without the turbo's. PM me if interested.

Dyno vid http://bicperformance.com/images/1jzdynofireball.avi
So I dyno tested it and made a best of 480 rwhp and 456 tq at 21 psi with 4 gallons of C-16.

With 94 octane pump gas it made 378 hp and 372 tq at only 14psi.

With 94 octane pump gas it made 447 hp and 437 tq at 19 psi.

Reactions: SupraOfDoom

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
w000000000000t

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
sillycone :dunno:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm very interested. Approximate cost? I think you'll make more than 500-600hp with the gt28.
I've seen articles with skylines making 500-600hp on gt 2530's.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Im interested in manifold pics when done, as well as proposed cost for the manifold.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
I may be more interested in DP's, manifolds and lines then i would choose my turbos.

price would be great...i assume if you get enough people then there is a discount?

Trev

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
if you could post some pics of your set up when your done,that should get some attention.
deffinatly mine anyways
keith

N

·
0 Posts
twin turbos are to expensive for my budget, but if you make a single manifold for a gt35 or gt40, i would be buying that, eventually

·
Registered
923 Posts
I may be interested in just the manifolds.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am getting the flanges cut right now, they should be done next week. I will probably use 304 SS, but I will look into materials next week. Any of the R turbo's mean dual ball bearing. The GT28RS is basicly a gt28R with a bigger compressor wheel and housing , it is also called the "Disco Potato" turbo. It was designed by a Garret engineer for the SR20 motor.

I have no idea on cost right now, but I can tell you it wont be cheap as these turbos go for about $1200 each, but it will be one of the slickest looking twin kits for the 1JZ. A very rough idea would be about $5000 but I have to price everything out. There will be alot of fabrication involved in this kit. Thats why I want to offer just the manifolds, so you can take care of the rest. I hear of so many people buying used kits from ebay and having bad turbo's.

I dont think this will be a high production kit because if the labor involved but I will know more once I start my stuff this weekend.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Since thier already are single turbo manifolds (and quality ones at that) out there for ~800 dollars.... and people havent jumped on those... I highly doubt this item will sell more then 1 kit.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CK, thats fine, then I will have the only one :bigthumb:

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
sounds great...but too rich for my blood...as much as I would rather have a nice twin setup, i will probably end up with a big single....oh well....i guess i have to say goodbye to my brand new 2.5 twin turbo front badge:( On the other hand...that will really clean out the engine bay nicely.....gotta get my use out of the stock twin first.

Trev

1 - 20 of 166 Posts