Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing the ECU the car is finally running perfect.. no misfiring and its idling perfect right under the 1k mark.. BUT... now my tranny shifts smooth threw 1st - 2nd - 3rd but will not go to 4th at all.. It will down shift & upshift perfect threw the other gears but will stay in 3rd for driving .. basically ive been wasting a shit load of gas.. my uncle said it might be 1 or 2 things either the tranny filter screen is dirty/clogged and needs to be cleaned OR the Over Drive has been bypassed to stay on. But the Over Drive light is not on at all..

So help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

-Thanks All.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
you sure you have the O/D button clicked in? otherwise it won't engage overdrive.

you didn't replace it with a manual transmission ECU by any chance?

·
From the land down under
4,317 Posts
I have heard of a couple of instances where the OD button "appeared" to be in the on position but the internal switch hadnt actioned the selection.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you sure you have the O/D button clicked in? otherwise it won't engage overdrive.

you didn't replace it with a manual transmission ECU by any chance?
O/D button is in the right position.
haha no sir... 1994 A/T ECU same part number for auto's

I have heard of a couple of instances where the OD button "appeared" to be in the on position but the internal switch hadnt actioned the selection.
really? we had to tap into the Dig area to get a 26code.. which was an exhaust leak after bank1 02 sensor.. but yes hopefully its going to somethin like the internal switch.. or somethin really minor.

·
NAKA
342 Posts
The connectors inside the O/D button are probably broken? I didnt have this problem but broke my connector when swapping a new shifter cover. The button and wire are only like $30 or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts