Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Supras are money pits
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched but I can’t find a definitive answer. I’m having a block machined as we speak after a melted piston scored the #5 wall. Below is a list of specs. Trying to figure out the compression ratio with the new oversized pistons. I would assume I would get 9.2 or so but I want to make sure before I drop 2k on parts. I had stock GE pistons prior to this with a 1.6mm HG but I’m not sure how the over size .60 bore will affect the compression of the new setup. Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GE block .60 over or 87.5mm
GE head
CP 10.0 pistons
2mm HG

·
Registered
785 Posts
An actual parts list, what you had, and what your plans are, would help. GE built blocks can handle a beating, but 2K seems pretty cheap unless that's just for the rotating assembly.

·
Supras are money pits
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An actual parts list, what you had, and what your plans are, would help. GE built blocks can handle a beating, but 2K seems pretty cheap unless that's just for the rotating assembly.
I went with CP pistons with a 8.5:1 CP and Manley H-tuff rods. Between that, arp main cap bolts, head studs, and and bearing I’m sitting at $2,100 and that’s without the machine work which will be around $800. I already have a built head so all in all The Who motors going to run me about $5k if you include the heads cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts