Supra Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
i will have my car back next week...i will most DEFINITELY post up with a full in depth update.
Kapil

·
Blah Blah Blah
178 Posts
I have the GE head and GTE block ...ON my IS300...Contact Auto Tuner..they did the swap....

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
Matt,

Have you got your car back from AT yet. I missed it at the Clearwater meet, I got there late and you had already left.

·
Blah Blah Blah
178 Posts
Pick it up this weekend or mid next week...HIt me a PM we can meet up amybe next weekend...
-Matt

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
kbprice said:
Well this is what they look like installed into the block. There are no issues that I noticed installing them. ...
Just a minor comment about the ARP head stud installation. The studs have a hex head that allows the installation of the studs *after* the head is put on the block. It's no longer necessary to put the studs in first. It certainly makes putting the head on top of the block easier.

-scott

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
my god that is a clean ass engine bay. what is a number to Auto Tuner so that i can get info?
thanks,
Kapil.

ps, what was your reason for going GTE block?

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
motorheaddown said:
Just a minor comment about the ARP head stud installation. The studs have a hex head that allows the installation of the studs *after* the head is put on the block. It's no longer necessary to put the studs in first. It certainly makes putting the head on top of the block easier.

-scott
Yes I know. I pulled the head to have it ported and polished as well as new Crower springs and retainers installed. Did the valve seals also. Besides it not that difficult when you've got someone helping to lower the head onto the block.
I should have it all back together this weekend, just waiting on the fuel pulsation dampener bypass kit to arrive.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts