Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video of a GE motor sittng on the ground starting up and idling using the Ford EDIS 6 ignition system.

I used shop air-thinner mix for fuel and water hose for cooling.

It's a project Im working on, just had to make sure it ran before going further. I will use MegaSquirt to control the fuel injection and it will be boosted.

Starts and idles better than some new cars I had to deal with. This engine sat around 3-4 years or more.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/vizoita/vizoita/

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
bad ass!!! you are the guy that i used to talk to a while ago when I had my burgandy mk3 right??

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Can you post pics of your mounting brackets for the crank or cam position sensor.

Also would you mind explaining how you hooked up the Ford EDIS 6 ignition.

Thats one nice project you have going!!! What are you going to do with the motor, and what size turbo do you plan on using?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Damn, someone beat me to the 7 series (I think I'm the first for the 6M-GTE / 6M-GE). Nice work; can't wait to try MSnS-EDIS on my 6M-GTE.

Did you make the crank pulley? My only concern for the EDIS system is how I'm going to mount the 36-1 wheel.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That is an ebay crank pulley....the one I sold a little while ago i think too!!

Nice project!! I hope you post more info and cost numbers for us to see. Good luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a eBay pulley. It was like $39 shipped very nice machine work too, the weight of the pulley with the EDIS wheel is three times lighter then the stock one. The cost part for the entire project will be under what most people spend on only a turbo kit :) :)

Now i'm just waiting for the MS guys to finish up the V3.00 PCB for the MegaSquirt ECU.

They got the MSII complete and sold 200 units in like 7 days, now you can't get one till August :rolleyes:

cheappower82,

Send me a pic of the crank pulley maybe I can give you an idea.

[email protected]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toyota has a tricky cam encoder wheel in the distributor need custom programing to make it work and this way I will get rid of the distributor to make room for the turbo.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Just cause there is a little box below this post stating people CAN post a reply??

Some threads should just be forgotten, or even deleted, but I have to say this one is a very good post and deserves more information and conversation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts