Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Finally up and running!
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the NA 4.30 rear end (unfortunately non LSD but I haven't had problems hooking on the street). I will be going to Englishtown and Lebanon Valley a couple of times this year, first on my 245 radials with the boost limited to 14 psi(~400whp) and will be attempting to get used to the track, as I have never been before. I have launched my MKIII on the street when it was still a stock twin 1jz (BPU ~310whp) and it hooked from a harsh fade from 4200.

My setup now is an XS power T3 manifold with a Holset HX35w (compare it to a gt35r, the hx has less power potential but a faster spool). An Aristo ECU, 440cc injectors, walbro, 12x24x3 IC w/ 2.5" hardpipes and an SAFCII.

The thing is, by the end of the summer, I hope to be on some 26/275 drag radials on a spare set of Cobra 17's. When should I switch to a lower gearing, like a 3.91 or a 3.73. Should I wait until I am hitting the rev limiter at the 1000' mark, or should I say screw it and swap it out now. At rev limit (6700) with a 26" tire in 4th, I will be topping out at 120.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
get yourself a good LSD and stick w/ the 4.30 rear end. thats a good combo for drag racing, specially for the MKIII.

aite, peace.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Swap it for the LSD now. An open diff will do you no good.

Is this on a 1jz??? THe rev limit is 7200 RPMs... ain't it??? lol...
aristo ecu has a 6700rpm rev limiter.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i got 4.30 LSD nasty out of the hole but alot of shifting the shifting part dont bother me, since i changed to poly bushings the car feels 10x better

·
Registered
253 Posts
.373 lsd, but definalely use smaller rims, 17's aint gonna cut it, try to get more side wall. 60 foot will love it.

shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts