Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I was doing a search for those sa-weet carbon fiber headlight dealies cause I'd like them to match my hood, and I found this canadian site that does all kind of very high quality looking work.

http://www.geminicomposites.com/

Apparently they do ALL KINDS of crap for the mk3. Ok so not THAT much but they do , hoods, headlights, and armrests (EDIT: DOOR PANEL IS MK4 SRY IT WAS WRONG ON THE SITE). I'm still looking into it but hopefully the driver side light does'nt have the little inlet...that'd be stupid...lol.

Did a search on the forums and nobody else posted it yet, so I thought i'd bring it to everybody's attention. Oh they also do some MKIV stuff so you might check that out.

The only problem is...does anybody know where i can get the headlight inlets for less than the 310usd or so it costs shipped from that site? I only paid about 430 for my hood from a cwing site (stock replacement) and it seems kinda steep. I guess I could always just paint the stockers black eh?

Just bought my sparcos for about 820 shipped (brand new) on ebay...to go in my non-running car. I swear that things a money pitt... Waiting for diagnosis on my knocking near race rebuilt engine (only thing stock is rods).... stupid ass stock ct-26 turbo blew up on me and spewed oil out the exhaust side...ended up with about 2 1/2 quarts gone in about 10 minutes and with rod knock while on my last run at TX2K6 Roadracing (never noticed ANY change in performance...nor did i see any smoke, what the hell?). POS

Enough of my problems... any suggestions for the headlight covers?

Note: Running stock boost at the time

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
adam pecush said:
www.carbonfibrefx.com

upgradedsupra (duane), the owner, is a board member who has always supported the mk3 community. word on the street is that he does some top quality work.
Duane does good work, but there's nothing wrong with finding other sources for CF. That site looks very good as well, thanks for the find, True. BTW, what's been up with you, we haven't talked in awhile. Check out the South Forum for out meet we're having July 1st.

-Matt

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
nice! CFX doesn't make door panels nice find, CFX has some great products tho!

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Truetaylor said:
Ok so I was doing a search for those sa-weet carbon fiber headlight dealies cause I'd like them to match my hood, and I found this canadian site that does all kind of very high quality looking work.

http://www.geminicomposites.com/

Apparently they do ALL KINDS of crap for the mk3. Ok so not THAT much but they do door panels, hoods, headlights, and armrests. I'm still looking into it but hopefully the driver side light does'nt have the little inlet...that'd be stupid...lol.

Did a search on the forums and nobody else posted it yet, so I thought i'd bring it to everybody's attention. Oh they also do some MKIV stuff so you might check that out.

The only problem is...does anybody know where i can get the headlight inlets for less than the 310usd or so it costs shipped from that site? I only paid about 430 for my hood from a cwing site (stock replacement) and it seems kinda steep. I guess I could always just paint the stockers black eh?

Just bought my sparcos for about 820 shipped (brand new) on ebay...to go in my non-running car. I swear that things a money pitt... Waiting for diagnosis on my knocking near race rebuilt engine (only thing stock is rods).... stupid ass stock ct-26 turbo blew up on me and spewed oil out the exhaust side...ended up with about 2 1/2 quarts gone in about 10 minutes and with rod knock while on my last run at TX2K6 Roadracing (never noticed ANY change in performance...nor did i see any smoke, what the hell?). POS

Enough of my problems... any suggestions for the headlight covers?

Note: Running stock boost at the time
Mark is his name and I have been working with him since day one. He now makes my parts but now is no longer in business either :(

TaSe said:
Yes we do and not anymore since there is a CF shortage.. He (Mark) is no longer in business either as I stated. I work with him and have been for years. All the MKII MKIII Supra and MKIV are again as posted from me. If you called and managed to get a hold of him (I doubt it) he will send you my way as I am just a walk away :)

Duane

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
TaSe said:
Those door panels are crazy, but I believe they're for a MKIV.

BTW, when is the 89+ CF lip coming? ;)

-Matt

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
GotToyota? said:
Those door panels are crazy, but I believe they're for a MKIV.

BTW, when is the 89+ CF lip coming? ;)

-Matt
Doesn't look guys right now.. :( I really want to keep things going but looks like nothing is coming anytime soon :ugh2:

Panels are for the MKIV I have sold many of them.

Duane

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
upgradedsupra said:
Doesn't look guys right now.. :( I really want to keep things going but looks like nothing is coming anytime soon :ugh2:

Panels are for the MKIV I have sold many of them.

Duane
Ah man, that sucks. :( Hopefully the dumb war will end soon and you'll be back in buisness. :)

-Matt

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
yea sucks that the good hard working people can't even do that because of the war..... Duane has top notch products but can't produce cause these ass**** are taking hi supplies away. Theres always Kevlar correct?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so then as of now there is nowhere you can get the headlight dealies from?

yeah i was looking at that door panel and thinking it didn't look quite right, lol mainly cause of the speaker cover part. Did'nt stare at it too long though.

I have'nt been doing anything supra related cause my car is constantly down. Been down since tx2k6 cause of rod knock, and before that cause it was still getting tuned with my PHR map ecu....and various other minor bugs. I now have a BRAND NEW wiring harness as well as some other crap to throw in there. Depending on the extent of the damage done, I'm hopefully lookin at around 550hp or so....i think that'll probably be enough for me...lol. Whatev, I just want it done.

Also, the phone i had everybody's number in deleted all my numbers, you know, the one that didn't even have a key locker POS... I'll be sure to hit ya up when i'm back on the road.

late

true

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
TaSe said:
yea sucks that the good hard working people can't even do that because of the war..... Duane has top notch products but can't produce cause these ass**** are taking hi supplies away. Theres always Kevlar correct?

it is not because of the war

it is because three different program are using massive amount of CF

Airbus
Boeing in their dream liner

and the F-22 planes. that is a ton of CF for just those programs.

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
I went to door panels on that site and saw the listing for MK3 panels and got excited until I saw the photo of the Mk4 panels, must of been a typo :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, If i can't get them new, then does ANYBODY have some they'd like to get rid of? lol (the carbon fiber headlight dealies)

Pm me if you've got a line on some

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts