Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya . It looks like I'm buying a 94 TT 6 spd next weekend, and I had a few questions about what to look for, maintenance-wise. He has all the records (he's the second owner, the first owner was his neighbor), and the car has 70k on it. What should have been done by now? I assume the obvious things - timing belt, acc. belts, fuel filter, etc. Is there anything else I should look for? How long do the water pumps, axles / CVs, etc last for typically? And what about fluid changes? Oil I know - what about the transmission and rear differential and such?

Basically, I'm just looking for a few pointers here. The car is white, and has a few basic upgrades - better tires, downpipe w/ high-flow cat, intake, exhaust, and a boost controller. Everything has been done at the dealer (same dealer) since new. It'll be just under $21k for it, plus transportation. But like I said, any pointers would be helpful. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
find out when he did the mods. check compresion and should be around 160 or within 10%. find out what he is using for fuel control. long as air/fuel is good than engine should be good to go. take the high flow cats out and you should feel big difference.

chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to have him do the compression check at a local dealer - thanks. I know the intake, downpipe, and exhaust have been on the car for about 2 years (or 15k) - the Profec B he bought and never installed, he's throwing it in. He's not using anything for fuel control - everything there's stock.

During the 60k servicing, should the engine seals be replaced as well as the timing belt (and water pump)? He had everything done at once when he had the timing belt replaced, it just seems a bit odd that the engine seals would go within 60k. Do these cars have issues with them?

Thanks!

v8huntr said:
find out when he did the mods. check compresion and should be around 160 or within 10%. find out what he is using for fuel control. long as air/fuel is good than engine should be good to go. take the high flow cats out and you should feel big difference.

chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts