Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Max.
I am currently stationed in South Korea.
A few months ago i found a trustworthy exporter in Japan. So i had him start looking into supras at auction. Long story short i paid 8600USD for a low km na/auto supra(this is where i messed up.. kinda) the car is straight and rustfree and in great condition. So i started a nat build.
Gte Headgasket
Arp headstuds
Ffim
Bosch matched 1150 Injectors
Aem 320lph Fuel pump
Battery relocation
Driftmotion turbo manifold
Borg warner 62mm 1.00ar turbo
Cx racing intercooler kit
R35 coilpack conversion
Kaaz 2way lsd 200mm diff(looking for ring and pinion from gs400)
Ecumaster emu classic
Wideband knock sensors
3.5 in exhaust
probably forgetting some stuff
Anyway back to the topic i either needed to do a different ecu to be able to run the auto trans as noone had info on wiring the ecu in parallel to stock. Orrr swap her to a manual. Being in korea they race these genesis coupes all the time so i have my guy(the trans is about the only thing i didnt wanna touch especially because its gonna all be custom) find a trans for me. The 6 speed out of the 3.8 genesis coupe also has similar gearing to the v160. I am finishing up the turbo stuff now and having my guy work on the trans swap soon. Right now it looks like we might have to cut the tunnel a little because of the height of the gencoupe trans but we will see i will update and provide pics as we go on. Fingers crossed its not too bad and we find the next less capable cd009 but not as weak as w58. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing i didnt like about the z trans was the shipping from the states to korea. Its a great trans buttt also the prices are getting higher on those so we need to find another alternative.
No im not replacing the rear end people have said they’re good for 600-700hp but im almost positive i will need to get a lexus ring and pinion so i can have a final gear ratio of 3.26 like the 6 speed supra. Also bought a kaaz 2 way for 350 bucks.
My mechanic said people daily the trans with around 450hp but he knows someone running 600hp. It looks pretty beefy but i have heard some synchro issues. We are testing this out and i will provide feedback on how hard this swap is to do. Though it seems plausible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also an update people doing manual swaps stop overpaying for pedals the Nengun site has them for like $40 a peice so around $150 including shipping for new supra clutch and brake pedals with the mounting bracket!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Is there adapters available for the 2jz and genesis trans? Or custom made?

Can you send me the part numbers of what you got please for clutch assembly for swap?if possible.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The adapter will be custom made from the auto transmissions bellhousing. And are you looking for the part number of the clutch pedal? Because i will be using a standard genesis coupe clutch.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The adapter will be custom made from the auto transmissions bellhousing. And are you looking for the part number of the clutch pedal? Because i will be using a standard genesis coupe clutch.
Well, that's new. Interested how this progresses man! Good job on going big on making 80 a beast! Cheers, airman.

Very respectfully,

Rishi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that's new. Interested how this progresses man! Good job on going big on making 80 a beast! Cheers, airman.

Very respectfully,

Rishi

Thanks man i will post some updates eventually hopefully the car will be driving in the next few months!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
As a gen coupe driver, make sure your clearances are perfect or you'll have the notchiest shifter ever. It sucks to be able to barely get into first or reverse on a stock car

·
Registered
345 Posts
Also an update people doing manual swaps stop overpaying for pedals the Nengun site has them for like $40 a peice so around $150 including shipping for new supra clutch and brake pedals with the mounting bracket!!!
I'm not seeing jza80 specific clutch pedals nor mounting bracket on Nengun site. Part numbers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay so an update...
The adapter plate was made and welded on to the genesis coupe transmission. (I believe he said either 15/18mm thick).
The clutch was fitted with a modified hyundai flywheel my machine guy made for me.
the clutch is a Summit Tech twin disc metal clutch i haven't been able to find any info on the clutch other than one description claims it'll hold 700hp... lol
The trans has been test fitted and it looks like no tunnel cutting will be needed!!!
I finished rebuilding and cleaning my used $400 Kaaz 2 way. And swapping a gs400 gearset to get that 3.26 ratio. Ended up great with good pinion depth (nice gear contact) and about .011 backlash. Nice and tight!
I have decided instead of running a bunch of gauges to do a bti 3.5 display through the ecumaster can output.
I will never use nengun again its been over a month and everytime i call them they have an excuse to not send my clutch and brake pedal, they said that they would give me a refund only after i told them id be getting my bank involved.
next we will be doing the driveshaft half toyota half hyundai on the front shaft.
So i didnt know that auto supras only came with 1 rear diff mount so i will be figuring something out for that. A lot of the local race guys just use a two bolt bushing(ill post a pic)
i have ordered a new pedal from oem4jdm in Australia they seem more competent.
Anyone on here do any tuning i am in korea so it would have to be remote tuning and yes I realize it will cost money, i am not rich so im not really looking for a $2000 tune. But that will be coming up shortly sorry my post is kind of all around the place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I definitely recommend Aaron and the guys at driftmotion btw anytime i have a question or something i need i check them they usually have everything to build a whole damn supra at a good price too. Just had to throw this in here as i like to acknowledge great service as i see it! And mike dry on facebook for hooking it up with the gear set he is awesome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will be using a genesis coupe solid trans mount.
dont judge my first exhaust wrap hahaha i know its terrible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ugh when will she finally be done... i have a realistic goal of now being able to drive her by next springtime hahaha.
If you guys are in korea i may or may not know where a supra is for sale being auctioned off.. high bid is around 6500usd right now l its a na auto 94’ needs a motor ill add a pic or two here lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just hopped in here because a buddy sent me this. As an owner of a genesis coupe that trans is not going to be a great addition or even comparable as they are very unreliable. And have tons of gremlins that being said I know some cars that are running decent numbers through the tranny with high HP numbers but a dramatically reduced torque figure but i hope it works well for you though

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just hopped in here because a buddy sent me this. As an owner of a genesis coupe that trans is not going to be a great addition or even comparable as they are very unreliable. And have tons of gremlins that being said I know some cars that are running decent numbers through the tranny with high HP numbers but a dramatically reduced torque figure but i hope it works well for you though
Ehhhh I’ve heard both ways so i guess ill find out. Thanks tho

1 - 20 of 20 Posts