Votes: 29 63.0%
  • get a bike, chics dig bikes!!!

Votes: 17 37.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in the gen. supra section,,,but i donno if the answers i got were a lil bias,,,so i thought id ask you guys too

i got a TT and i have a small single kit with everything i need to go single and tune,,,i should expect around 430-460whp,,,ill be runnin stock air and fuel

my question is, should i go single, or sell everytihng and buy a bike--->2006 ninja 636

things i need to consider: have a tt supra making about the same hp as the small single,,,bad ass bike,,,keep everyting legal (i live in cali so having a single could be a gamble)

bike is dangerous,,,will have to spend a lil more money to get the bike,,,out of 365 days, san francisco has maybe 80 nice days,,,resale valuve on single kit better than on bikes

etc etc

what you guys think,,,what would you do???

·
Registered
861 Posts
yup

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do want the bike,,,ive been setting up dates to go check some out,,,im even going to a dealership today to put in an offer,,,the reason for this is just to see other people's experiences and what they would do,,,i want both just as bad,,,im not askin you all what you think i should do,,,im askin you what you would do

thanks

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,124 Posts
have you ridden before? if not, i wouldn't recommend much right off of the showroom floor, other than maybe an SV650 or GS500F

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Forget these fools. I thought bikes were cool, but didn't think I could afford getting into one at the time I did. I did have to ask myself though if I truely wanted a bike, and once I had it I loved it. My boss helped me out and I got a brand new bike of the show room floor. No regrets and I love it over my old Supra. It is not like a car, but if you compare hp you will need a 600-700hp Supra to keep up with a new 600cc super sport like the zx6r or gsxr for example, and IMO, those are good to learn on unless you have no experience with shifting or with fast vehicles. If you dawg was a slightly modified manual tranny car then you could hit up a 600cc ss and be fine.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
I'd get the bike over going single. I know singles can be faster but theres nothing like the freedom and thrill of a well engineered bicycle with a 120+ hp motor under you.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Supra SONIC said:
Forget these fools. I thought bikes were cool, but didn't think I could afford getting into one at the time I did. I did have to ask myself though if I truely wanted a bike, and once I had it I loved it. My boss helped me out and I got a brand new bike of the show room floor. No regrets and I love it over my old Supra. It is not like a car, but if you compare hp you will need a 600-700hp Supra to keep up with a new 600cc super sport like the zx6r or gsxr for example, and IMO, those are good to learn on unless you have no experience with shifting or with fast vehicles. If you dawg was a slightly modified manual tranny car then you could hit up a 600cc ss and be fine.

out of everyone, i wanted to hear feedback from you the most,,,much appreciated, thanks

thing is, im not gonna get a 750 or liter, dont think im up to par yet,,,and yes ive ridden be4,,,but especially in ca, where they are starting to crack down,,,id rather have the peace of mind to know that im legal,,,however, the danger factor plays a great factor,,,in any case, let me ask you bike riders,,,

why did you get a bike in the first place??? cuz i gaurantee, no matter the answer, id share the feelings of most people wanting to buy a bike

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya,,,ive been a member on barf for awhile now

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
Olmytsi said:
Bikes are fun but there's nothing impressive about one...they are EVRYWHERE.
lol, who ya trying to impress? IMO, when I walk into a building carrying a helmet and a riding jacket I get more looks than pulling up in my Supra... this has been discussed before. It is the majority opinion that a bike will get more girl attention and the car will get more teenage boy attention. If you want to impress others than there is the option of personalizing the bike, but again, this impresses others enthusiasts. Impress other riders and drivers with a wheelie and better riding skills.

I did the bike too and sold the Supra because it is cheaper, easier to maintain and legal compared to building a 700hp Supra.

Buy the bike because you're not truely a driver until you are a rider ;) You'll get more attention, but you'll live for the experience.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yeah but evrybody can walk into a dealership and buy a bike. It takes time and knowledge to build a fast car. Every new bike (crotch rocket) you run into will be a rocket but not every supra you run into will be SINGLED.

And if your girl digs bikes, she can definitely ditch you for another one since they are evrywhere. However, she won't find a dude with a singled supra that easily. :)

·
1,846 Posts
go single. ive had friends and family that have gotten in accidents. they both regret buying a bike. true the thrill of a bike is funer, but its your death wish not mine.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my ultimate goal is to have around 550rwhp,,,with that ill be able to get good spool time and minimal lag,,,that's my ultimate setup,,,so im not going to be building a monster supra,,,and with cali laws getting stricter, it'll b e hard to roll around in a single,,,therefore i think ima get a bike, and when the cali carb legal single comes out (which will be for my exact power goals) ill either have enough to buy the kit and keep my bike, or sell the bike and get the kit

thanks for your imput guys

1 - 20 of 30 Posts