Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if any one has any detailed info on the new law I keep hearing about? I went to a meet up this weekend and all I kept hearing about is the NEW LAW that if you get caught racing they take and crush your car. And you get no compensation what so ever for your car! Is this true? So if I get caught racing they will take my car witch I have over 80k into and will crush it and want give me a dame dime for my car? - ANY INFO YOU MAY HAVE ON THIS SUBJECT PLEASE POST! Because if this is true it’s about time for me to think about moving out of state or selling my supra one of the two!

·
Registered
187 Posts
i dont think so...cuz the guys in the one crazy socal night got caught racing i think and seems like all of them still have their cars....

·
Registered
580 Posts
actually no one got caught racing....because everyone got away but one car. I think in order to get your car crushed the other vehicle you were racing has to be there as well. The guy that got caught with us just got a fat ticket!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If this law is true california better get ready for a whole new wave of high speed pursuits. Might as well try to get away and crash your car trying if they're going to take it and smash it anyways..!

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would also think their will be some law suits going on after a couple of cars get crushed. Because I would think that them taking away your car like that is almost a violation of are rights, maybe I’m wrong! But I would think there is something that protects us from this type of crap.

·
DEE RAWL
182 Posts
yeah I was the one who got pulled over....

he said that if he finds out that I have anything illegal done to my car that he would take it...

but later on he just let me go with a big ticket

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
AllAboutSleepers said:

he said that if he finds out that I have anything illegal done to my car that he would take it...

like I said, You are very very very very LUCKY!!!!

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone know what happens if you get caught racing and your car is registered out of state? can they still crush your car? or can they only give you a ticket?
is their anyone in LAW that knows more about this? their has to be a way around all this!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
I've yet to hear about anyone having their car crushed...

·
Registered
63 Posts
The car crushing laws in Cali are hopscotched all over the place. It is a city by city ordenance/law. I think Torrence has one on the books and deeper inland there is another city in LA county that has one too. I don't know if San Diego has anything on the books, but I would expect them too with the way it is down there.

Croaker

·
Boost Junky
35 Posts
I heard about this law on the news about a year ago. The law has been around a few years now. On the news they showed 2 cars being crushed.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
AllAboutSleepers said:

Dude, dont mean to be nosey but what he end up writing you up for? Did he make you pop your hood?

·
DEE RAWL
182 Posts
Yeah, he made me pop my hood, but my ticket was filled with 100mph+, no front plate, and loud "muffler" haha.....

he said that if he found anything illegal under my hood that he would take it from me...but he was too lazy later on to do that.

needless to say, I got pretty lucky

my next mod.....RADAR detector

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
same thing happen to me... when i got pulled over for wreckless driving and running a stop light.. the officer didnt believe a word and bs story that i told him... and he said so also. so after looking at my exhaust and my guages.. what seemed interesting to cop was my a/f guage.. he didnt care bout the boost just the a/f. he asked me what kind of engine do i have, and i told him "whatever toyta designed for this car" (1jz) so after looking around and thank god he didnt take a look underneath the car. (no cats) he jus looked around and called it a day.
officer: ok i am gonna give u a ticket for running a red light
me: oh ok but i still think i got something wrong with my brakes.
officer: well just take that car to the shop or else ill have it towed.
me: ok later

·
single 1j
456 Posts
AllAboutSleepers said:

was it a chp who caught you?

·
DEE RAWL
182 Posts
slidingsidewayz said:
was it a chp who caught you?

yeah, highway patrol....although I dont know how he knew how fast I was going because on the ticket is says..."radar unit/patrol car" and the radar unit is crossed out, and when he got me I had slowed down to like 70. So I dunno, brad d said he'd help me out which I would greatly appreciate.

bottom line is...

I dont like the po po

1 - 20 of 24 Posts