Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well , some of you know that i sold my old mk3 to my father and picked up a 95 300zx, well make a long story short i want another mk3. So ive been searching aroind my area and even hours away to find one . So today i get a call from a buddy telling me theres 2 on theis car lot. So i go up and lok at them , both are 91 with 100k miles on them or right around that. The first one is a white auto with blue cloth the body and interior are in great shape. The second one is a red 5-speed ohh forgot to mention both are targa This one also has great body but the front seats need to be replaced, this one has grey leather . The asking price on both are 6,900 and i know i can get some off so should i go with the red one or is it too much. Im also considereing the white one but its auto so what would u pay for both of them.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
I'd probably go with the 5 speed. Seats can be reupholstered, or replaced a lot easier than a transmission swap. I'd check to see if either of them are throwing any codes, and then as long as they were comparable, I'd get the red one. Sounds like that's the one you really want.

As far as price, I'd check blue book, and then judging by the engine condition and reliability factor, get em down from there. :dunno:

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
Definately check them out thoroughly, for codes, check the water & oil, condition of hoses, etc. Personally, I don't like red, but I'd rather have the red 5-speed as the auto. How near here are they? I've never seen a MK3 on a lot around here.

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CassMori said:
Definately check them out thoroughly, for codes, check the water & oil, condition of hoses, etc. Personally, I don't like red, but I'd rather have the red 5-speed as the auto. How near here are they? I've never seen a MK3 on a lot around here.
There up in abingdon, va , where is the mk3 u have seen.

B
0 Posts
Price seems high but if they're a rarity where you live, you might have to suck it up and get one. IMO the red one sounds better. Like Jaguar said, it's easier to reupholster seats than it is to do a 5-spd swap.

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
Price seems high but if they're a rarity where you live, you might have to suck it up and get one. IMO the red one sounds better. Like Jaguar said, it's easier to reupholster seats than it is to do a 5-spd swap.
Kelley says 6480, NADA, at highest says 6125. But they are kinda hard to come by around here, so if you can get it down ~1k or so, I'd go for it

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Forget reupholstering, but some racing seats, and what kind of lot is it? A little podunk one, or the used section of a newcar dealer? Are they offering any type of warranty, and make sure those headbolts are torqued down good before getting on it, although you probably already know this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Picked up my 91 in jan, silver hardtop turbo 5sp completely stock, grey leather int, front seats well worn with 112k miles in fantastic shape everwhere but the front seats for 5000 flat, down from thier asking price of 7900, so def start talking them down. I hope this helps

And this WAS a toyota dealer keep in mind

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
5 spd... And yes, talk them down on the price, and see if they'll do a leakdown and compression test first, better be safe than sorry...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts