Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've owned a Supra for about 10 years now and I feel like it's time to move on. I love the supra, (mine is a 95 SP57 6 speed) but the car is getting older and I feel like I would enjoy something newer/more reliable.

The 370Z has really caught my eye. Every review so far has been outstanding for it and I think it would be a great car for the money. I haven't driven one yet, but I got to see one in person the other day. The car looks much better in person. The interior is really nice and i would compare it to BMW quality. I know it will feel slow compared to my supra and I would really hate to part with it, but I think i am willing to accept that for something more liveable.

Does anyone have any opinions/experience on the new Z?

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
your 24 and you've owned a supra since you were 14?

you will be missed. have fun!

·
stop playin wit mah name
1,930 Posts
I've already seen 6 of them around my area and must say that they're ugly as sin. Supras are timeless and I can count how many Supras I see in a year with 1 hand.

·
Registered
275 Posts
what the hell are you talking about you want something newer and reliable? you have a damn supra. as said, its timeless. but since you asked, add this to the stable instead. meets your "newer/reliable" criteria.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/1079640861.html

glad I could help :D

but really, up to you. go take a 370 for a test drive and see if you think youd like it. no more heal and toe lol

·
Taxation is complicated
972 Posts
Lease one to try it out. You can always sell the Supra once you have decided that you like it better, but you might have a hard time finding one in the preferred condition if you end up hating the Z.

Plus, the leasing is hella cheap nowadays.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Nissan build quality is ok. Don't think it is all that. The zs are cheap for a reason. You will be amongst 10000000 other 370 owners. Dont get me wrong --- good car but not worth selling the supra

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
I've already seen 6 of them around my area and must say that they're ugly as sin. Supras are timeless and I can count how many Supras I see in a year with 1 hand.
x2. I just saw a 370Z today and I can't believe how ugly it is. I thought the pictures of the car were bad but it's worse in person.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Don't listen to these guys. Sell the Supra and get the 370Z. The Supra belongs in the hands of a true enthusiast who really appreciates it.

I have said it before several times---if you have to ask "Should I trade my Supra for a _________?", then always, always, always buy the other car.

·
Administrator
17,234 Posts
I think you should reconsider. There are other cars that are worth considering replacing a Supra with, but I don't think the 370Z is one of them. I'm a fan of the 370Z too, as I think they've done some cool things there...but it's never going to be a timeless classic like the Supra. :)

·
You know I'm retarded...
2,907 Posts
My cousin have his 350Z, I wasn't impress about it. My brother have his 92 300ZX, feel more power on torque then engine HP. I would still get 240Z anyday and swapped RB20 if I can find one. Again, 370Z's is already on the street almost evenout with 350Z, small with ugly headlight and taillights along with trunk. I will test it out soon and let you guys know what do I think about it!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Don't listen to these guys. Sell the Supra and get the 370Z. The Supra belongs in the hands of a true enthusiast who really appreciates it.

I have said it before several times---if you have to ask "Should I trade my Supra for a _________?", then always, always, always buy the other car.
fucking amen.

i don't know why you people spend so much effort convincing people to keep their supra's. I mean if they are entertaining other cars, chances are they already made up their mind. good riddance :)

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
I'm just saying the 370Z sucks he's better off getting a 350Z or looking into a 300ZX there better then what the 370Z and plus they look ugly.

But do what your want just my opinion. ;)

300zx's are cheap as hell.... They haven't held their price so well in the last few years... a cheap way to get a pretty cool TT vehicle IMO.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts