Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 supra has the full 2jzgte swap but still has the 5-speed tranny from the NA motor. What would be needed besides the v160(getrag) transmission to swap it in?

·
Registered
922 Posts
From what I remember...

Tranny, drivershaft, rear end. Then you'd probably need the shift tower and shifter.

I'm sure there's more.

·
1,854 Posts
Mike_101 said:
mkiv.com outlines it all.......
actually no they dont. they outline the auto to 6 speed. you will need the getrag, driveshaft, 6 speed pumpkin, left axle, clutch, flywheel, and shifter linkage. im pretty sure the slave and master cylinder is useable.

P.S. If there are any more parts i forgot please tell me because i will be swapping mine within the next month.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
The master cylinder is definately the same unit, just lacking the heat sheild the TT one has.

Dan.

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
Im going to be doing this soon, i just got a brand new 6spd tranny from toyota :-D i have the driveshaft and rear dif pumpkin that just needs to be rebuilt with a TRD. but for the most part im ready, just need the clutch and all the small parts and bolts, and i should be good :) ill let everyone know how it goes....

Ben Y

G

·
getrag 6 speed trans, a clutch for that tranny, a custom driveshaft (you can keep your rear diff and axles if your not going to run that much power until you upgrade to a 6 speed), possibly a tt slave cylinder, and a 6 speed shifter.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,393 Posts
I had a NA 5 speed and it sucked ass for gas milage, my auto's and 6 speed get much better gas mileage. Around 76 or 77 mph is around 3000 rpms in my auto's and 6 speed compared to the NA at 60ish as I remember was around 3000 rpms. Hope this helps.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,393 Posts
You should check with Dusty at MVP, I was just on their site and there is only one slave cylinder for sale and one master cylinder for sale and in the title it says it for either the 6 speed or 5 speed. Check his section here on the forums. Hope this helps again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The Quickness said:
here are a couple of items that you HAVE to have:

the 6spd slave. 5spd is different.

the 6spd isolator and alum. bracket that goes along with it
Isolator and bracket? Would you have a part # or care to point it out?

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
You need: tranny, driveshaft, slave cylinder with line, clutch, clutch fork, TOB, flywheel, hardware, access covers, 2nd isolator for subframe, axles, donut, full diff, perch, shifter, shift knob, rear tranny mount, tranny mount isolator.

You don't need the diff unless you want to do it right. If you don't use the 3.2:1 diff then you might as well keep your 5 speed as the final drive is what makes a big difference. The W58 1st and 5th are very similar to the 1st and 6th of the 6spd. The 4.1 and 3.2 diffs are what make a big difference in drivability. Power handling comes from the tranny, but driveability is all in the diff.

-M

1 - 20 of 20 Posts