Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of OEM 1994 Mazda RX-7 wheels, and was wondering what I will have to do to get them on my 89 Supra. Do I need spacers or will they bolt right on?

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
[email protected]

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
iirc they bolt right on and the offset is just right.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
they will bolt right on.

you may need different lugs tho. there isnt much clearance b/w the stud and wheel for the stock semi truck lugs. also, they use an angled seat lug, need to check that as well.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ShineAutoProject said:
the bolt right on but they look like crap. I have them on my supra right now.
It's a little too curvy for the supra, but it is nice and light weight. :bigthumb:

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
i have some sitting at work havent paid for them tho...... dont know if i want to..... they are 16x8 and 16lbs only thing they are good for is some drag radials.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
they will need centrick hub wheels spacer's cause of the tappered hub they have

the back will sink in a bit so getting wide spacer in the back will fix that prob

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
zupraus said:
I just bought a set of OEM 1994 Mazda RX-7 wheels, and was wondering what I will have to do to get them on my 89 Supra. Do I need spacers or will they bolt right on?

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
[email protected]
hmm. ive read this 5 times now and still dont see where he asked who liked them. he just bought some so i guess HE likes them. why do people insist on throwing in their 2 cents on something that is personal preference and not even something that was asked?

about the spacers. spacers arent needed per se, he is talking about the hub centric rings which dont space the wheel out any. there are several companies that sell them online and ebay. ive looked for the size needed but havent been able to find them. they arent required either, as i know several running them and never had a problem. heck the majority of the aftermarket wheels arent hubcentric. of course it would be better to have them, but again not required.
i'll see if i can find the size in my notes so you can look around.

·
Addicted to Boost
336 Posts
pics? i once thought bout doing this and well u see what i went with

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i was also wonder how this looked, especially compared to MK4 n/a wheels? same size and everything.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
They're 16x8

Full lock on the fronts will rub without a spacer

The rim sits 1" more in the fender, but it's an 8" rim, so it's like a wider, better looking, lightweight sawblade.

Mine are custom, I didn't like the plain silver, and I wanted under 14 lbs, so I grinded and polished them.

Make sure you got the reenforced rims, the earlier are prone to cracking. You need to check the lug holes from the inside of the rim. Search www.rx7club.com for more info on that.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
This is what they look like on stock suspension. I think they would look much better on a lowered car. IN the second picture you can see that they don't need spacers really as they aren't any more sunk in than sawblades.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts