Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As plenty of you know, if your car is 10 years or older, Toyota usually doesnt keep the key code anymore in their computers...you give them your VIN, but theres nothing they can do about it. When I called, they said something about taking off the driver side door panel and the key code should be there; you give the code to Toyota and they should be able to make you a new key.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? My key is probably the original and its time to get a new one I think.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
As plenty of you know, if your car is 10 years or older, Toyota usually doesnt keep the key code anymore in their computers...you give them your VIN, but theres nothing they can do about it. When I called, they said something about taking off the driver side door panel and the key code should be there; you give the code to Toyota and they should be able to make you a new key.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? My key is probably the original and its time to get a new one I think.
Last I was told it was passenger side and its on the lock cyclinder there is a code on it that you give to toyota and they will get ya the new key... aight peace :chicken:

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
If you're not picky about the plastic toyota head then just go to Rna or somewhere like that and get it copied. I used to work there and i copied worn out keys all the time and i'm suprised that they didn't turn out smooth like the original ones.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i have original key and went to 3 places to get a copy and they didnt work. then i went to one more place and they looked something up in a book and made one and it worked.
my original is worn like a mofo so back but still works. i can pull it half way out of the key hole in the ignition.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turbo-Joe said:
funny thing... i started someone elses supra the other day with my key ;\
Yeah, rumor has it that Toyota only used like 8 different designs for ALL the Supras :lol:

screaminglemon said:
LOL. i can pull my key all the way out. kind of funny to be driving along and have your keys fall out of the ignition.
:lol: I can do that with my turbo timer, but that doesnt sound right if you dont have one!

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Turbo-Joe said:
funny thing... i started someone elses supra the other day with my key ;\
i had that happen....the keys to my black supra can start my red supra.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just had a key made at Home Depot from my worn out key and the new one works. They used a #30 blank, SKU #36511 50030. When they rang it out it came up as a Toyota Blank. It doesn't have the Toyota Plastic but I don't care.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,347 Posts
If you get the key code, Toyota can make you a new key.

Had it done for my 86 Corolla GT-S, but I had the key code on the original purchase papers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts