Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting hassled from Reid (Supra ex-driver), i finally decided to start my build thread.

It is a 1994 project car i got as a graduation present a couple years ago. here are some random pics as i got it. I know they aren't the best pics, and yes, it looks like shit, but like every project, it has to start somewhere! ;)

Here are some quick shots as i got it...

Interior

and some exterior shots

yeah... NA... not for long!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its actually just an overlay, and i got it at MVP motorsports a while back.

Wow... you got a project car for graduation?... that's awesome.

I got a new watch and a Uhaul rental.
haha yea. it actually was kinda weird cause sophomore year, as a joke, i mentioned a project car to my parents IF i got straight A's for the rest of my high school career. and it turned out that i did, somehow, and we found it *cheap* on ebay.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll keep it updated and i'll post up some more mods that i've picked up either tonight or tomorrow. thanks for the encouragement.

oh! and criticism is also welcome! :D like i said, it's a project, and its my first swing at fully modifying a car.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keeping the w58 for now. i'll only be running pump for a while since this will be my first high horsepower car. so it'll be fine for now, especially since i'll probably baby it for a couple weeks. but as soon as that breaks... v160 is my plan. most likely i'll go with the r154 since my income has been slow lately...

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Nice! Looks like not a bad car to start with. It'll be well worth all the money and effort, when your done.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the encouragement guys!

i was also surprised about the graduation present too! :D thats what happends when you are the only knowledgable car enthusiast in your family! haha, my dad knows nothing about cars, and it was funny listening to him ask questions to tim at SP racing. :lol:

As far as motivation, i think Reid will keep on me about that... he lives across the street from me. infact, he'll probably chain me to the engine if i dont keep up the pace to "his" liking... hahaha jk, but really.

right now, i'm collecting parts from SP and as soon as spring break comes, i pull the engine and get to work! and while the engine is out, i'll send the car in for paint and some bodywork so when i get it back, i should have it on the road by *hopefully* april sometime. if not, then summer will be my goal. ultimately, i'd just like it to see some road time, since it han't touched pavement since '07.

like i said, money i starting to look a little thin for me, bt i should have BARELY enough to finish. also, i'll have about a whole week to do this since i'll be skipping vacation and working on this instead.

i took some pictures of some of the parts i could find and i'll post them tonight.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is some of my parts that i've slowly collected over that last couple months.

yes, i am well aware that everythng is dirty and i'm working on it! :lol:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is some small drives side rear damage...

and lastly, some front fenders! *with the shaved side marker* ;)

still lotsof work to be done!

here is the list of parts i have as of now...

greddy 3-row
ngk 3330 spark plugs
precision 780cc injectors
tial BOV
kenwood DDX512
ARP headstuds
Greddy turbo timer
Greddy PRofec B-spec II
HKS TI clone
kenwood front speakers
97-98 style tail lights
97-98 style headlights
bomex (replica) body
CF dash lay overs
used CF hood
SP 71gts (billet wheel)
4inch DP/MP

and next on my list...
single Walbro 255lph
Pro EFI w/ can gauge :D
paint and some body work
Intake Manifold by SP racing
thicker head gasket

and that should complete me until my W58 breaks! ;) then i'll have to start another thread to fix that headache!

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
thats a fine pile of parts you got there. ;) project seems to be making some progess. cant wait to see some more pics!
Project aside, how do you find the time between your supra and college (assuming you go to school b/c you said spring break)?

The thought of all the money and time i would need to devote, discourages me from wanting to work on my supra the next 4 years.

Wondering how you do it. Some tips or insite would do me good. :p Thanks!

1 - 20 of 222 Posts