Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have pulled the Engine, but left the Automatic Gearbox in the car.
Now I would like to take the gearbox out. I was told that the gearbox oil splashes out when disconnecting the driveshaft. Does it?
Any hints that could save time and pain?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
McMsk said:
Hi,

I have pulled the Engine, but left the Automatic Gearbox in the car.
Now I would like to take the gearbox out. I was told that the gearbox oil splashes out when disconnecting the driveshaft. Does it?
Any hints that could save time and pain?

Thanks
Yeah, drain the transmission fluid, disconnect the driveshaft, put a jack under the transmission, loosen the transmission mount (4 outer bolts) and slowly lower the jack and pull the transmission out and your done :) aight peace :run:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the gear lever, do i need to do anything with it, how is the ecu connected, and how much fluid might come out?

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the gear shift lever you'll see a nut towards the back of the transmission thats on the passnger side of the tranny that connects to the shift linkage. Just undo that nut and the linkage will seperate from the tranny, if you need to see which nut im talkin bout, have someone sit in the car and move the car from park to drive while you look from underneath and youll see it moving(the linkage). There should be a few litres of fluid comin out, i dont recall how much exactly, if I had to guess at least 3-4 litres.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts