Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gettin ready for pnt. UPDATE! PAINTED 56k if ya want

these will be the before pics.... the spotes with black primer are where either small dings were and was simply a guide to see my high low spots... the front and rear bumper have been primed with the Transter flexible bumper primer! I was hoping to get it done this weekend but he has to work (my manager) so i guess i can wait! i got some 89+ tails i'll be putting on afterwards. keeping it the stock color and that would be metallic black paint code 204 in Dupont Chroma Base coat then clear. now here are some pics sorry for the giant pics! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
if you were really getting that car ready for paint it would be in a bunch of pieces right now. you can't do a quality job with everything bolted to the chassis

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
If it is getting repainted back to the stock color I don't really think disassembling the car is a major priority.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i'm keeping it stock so i see no need to take it to pieces... but if u mean taking off the lights, mirrors, mud flaps, and what nots yea thats comming off but keep in mind i gotta drive the car to the shop!!! my blinkers are held in with zip ties right now because i plan to take them off. Thanks thermactor for the comment on the blades. right now im torn between keeping them or buying new wheels afterwards. If i keep them i'll polish them up, i'm tryin to get my dentist's mkiv polished wheels off his 97. and the spray job will be qaulity and yes the car will be preped correctly. jams and what nots WILL be painted!
thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
omfg that thing looked like it came right out of a ww2 movie :bigthumb:

your gonna need to do this to get a real quality paintjob...burgandy to black :)

Hope it turns out good man...looks like alot of work to fix that body up...post pix when its done :bigthumb: looks like another mk3 getting restored...hell yes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
wtf, are those bumpers solid chunks of bondo, just kiddin, good luck with all of that man.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the compliments, now stripping it down to do a color change the CORRECT way is to do it how Negative did!!! As far as restoring goes lets just say i payed 500 for the girl from a buddy that had bought it originally for a parts car. i picked it up swapped out most of the interior, bought a jdm motor. freshened it up and dropped her in! even tho the seats dont need it im gonna get those redone along with a new shift boot and ebrake boot. BTW those arent solid chunks of bondo.. :lol: thats where i had to come down all the way because of the chipped clear that was there and around it i had to feather it so it will seal and not cause the paint to have zits!!! there just a tad bit on the right corner of it but thats because of a little rock chip i smoothed out! :lol: but the only places with filler is where i got rid of low spots. I'm just tryin to get her right so hopefully next weekend i can get her painted!

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:lol: o and btw the supra didnt come out of a WW2 movie the old jeep in the garage did!

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
awww come on dude... someday that old CJ is gonna be worth more then the Supra... try and take care of it. I have a 1947 CJ-2A which was the first civy jeep after WWII, it'll be worth a lot someday. Sorry to get off topic haha. GL with the paintjob.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
he's not changing color, so there's no need to pull all the windows and crap.... a good mask job and only the best of eyes will be able to tell it's been painted without pulling parts off it.

if you're going to do a change in color.... it's gotta look like this

this was before all the glass was out of it

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Good job Justin, lookn good. :bigthumb:. keep us posted

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
sammydafish said:
he's not changing color, so there's no need to pull all the windows and crap.... a good mask job and only the best of eyes will be able to tell it's been painted without pulling parts off it.

if you're going to do a change in color.... it's gotta look like this

this was before all the glass was out of it
omfg u even took down the front subframe :bigthumb:

I was going to tear out the subframes and have the body dipped in chemicals to get everything off the body and reseal/paint it, but thats just way too much freakin money, and my mk3 is almost perfect anyways :bigthumb:

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the compliments everyone, o and btw thats an old willies jeep! one day i'll fool with it but our 66k on the clock all original bel air is what im waiting to restore! like i said hope to have it done this weekend comming up! we're going to further prep once i get to his shop! i'm tryin to not get so excited and stay calm about it but its hard.. I can't wait! thanks agian everyone!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts