Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a top fuel 1000 bov and when i shift there is alot of serge going back into the turbo. anyone know how to adjust the spring to stop the serge i know its really bad for the turbo. ( top fuel 1000 is just like the greddy type s ) i have the screw all the way out on the top.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
i have the greddy type s....theres a nut that holds a screw down....turn the screw with an allen head the nut just holds the screw in place.....thats how it is for the type s so hope it helps...also make sure the vacumn line is hooked up correctly....happened to me before hooked up to wrong vacumn line and was surging every time of shift and i was lke WTF:p

hope that helpes

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idunno

im thinking of selling it if i cant get it to work, could the spring be to tight on it? the screw is all the way out and the boost goes up over 8psi and still nothing. ill try to get a video clip or something but its not releasing anything like i press the gas and let off and nothing or ill be driving and i shift and all i hear is air coming back through the turbo its pissing me off.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
where did u tap the vacumm source from? that looks odd compared to the stock line.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
When the BOV doesnt open and the throttle slams shut... turbo is still spining, yet the air has no where to go... so it goes BACK thru the turbo...

·
Registered
347 Posts
can someone try to describe the sound? or have a sound clip? I kno what it is, but have never heard it.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
can u try n push the valve open with ur hand?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
its the friday the 13th cha cha cha seen here http://homepage.mac.com/rdwoon/GT47.80 Dyno.mov under part boost/throttle.

usually caused by the bov spring is too tight for the particular boost. its happening here b/c its tight for the 39psi at wot and low amount of boost wont open it.

its hard to tell exactly how you have the vac line ran but it looks right from what i can tell.
it sounds like you just dont have it adjusted right or the spring is too stiff. loosen it as much as you can (be sure you are going the right way) and rev up to 5k and get out right quick then right back on and off, should be able to make it blow off. see what happens then.

dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts