Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everybody,

I finally got my car back together after blowing the motor at the TX2K8 Supra Meet. My current build is in my signature.

I took the car to the track last night. Keep in mind this is only the 3rd time I've been to the track on this build. The only other time I took it, it was not even full BPU - almost completely stock. I have almost no seat time in the car at all, since I just finished the car, so keep that in mind when checking out my times. :)

Anyway, I took it to the track last night, and they were running drag cars so I could only run 1/8th mile, as the track doesn't have enough shut down for drag cars and so they weren't clocking past the 1/8th mile.

I was also only running 23.5 PSI on E85, with very low timing for safety, so I was putting down approx. 580-600 RWHP, not the full 858 that the car makes at 36-37 PSI, C16 fuel, and more timing.

My time slips looked like this:

60 Ft. 1.59
330 Ft. 4.77
1/8th Mile - 7.33
1/8th MPH 99.73

60 Ft. 1.63
330 Ft. 4.72
1/8th Mile 7.23
1/8th MPH 101.10

I'm thinking that last pass would have been 10.9X-11.0X 1/4 mile pass if they had been clocking the full quarter, from comparing to a similar powered car on list.to4r.com, since it should gain 3.75-3.8 seconds from 1/8th to quarter from what I am seeing on that list.

Many thanks to Tony (TT_6SPD_95) for sharing tips on how to launch the car, what tire pressure to be at, helping me find the right two step level, etc. That all helped a lot.

The car has a LOT more power to dial in, and I still have more seat time needed before I make a perfect pass, but I'm planning on running C16 w/ more timing and 28-30 PSI on my next trip to the track, so we should be seeing 10s relatively easy and quite soon I'm hoping. I think the car has either very low 10s or very high 9s in it once I start running around 35 PSI. We shall see. :)

Wish me luck. :)

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on getting out there and making some really solid passes. What is the wheel and tire setup?
Thanks!

I was running 28x10 Hoosier Slicks on the CCW Drag Package. Tire pressure was 14.2 lbs cold.

· V8SLAYR
859 Posts
Congrats on the time, Looks like your def. get better times next time you go out and play.

I love women that can drive............

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
Nice times for sure for the first time out! Can you go into detail on your drivetrain mods? Such as TRD rear, driveshaft, any bushing replacements for the rear end, clutch, etc?

I think you are selling yourself short though. I bet it has mid 9s in it.

Steve

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Awesome 60' time. I think you can pick up a tad between shifts judging by your mph but still great for the first time out!! I agree with Steve though, I think you should definitely be close to some mid 9s at least. Good luck!!

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome 60' time. I think you can pick up a tad between shifts judging by your mph but still great for the first time out!! I agree with Steve though, I think you should definitely be close to some mid 9s at least. Good luck!!
I've been working on one thing at a time and my 60 ft was the main thing hurting me before, so I was working on that, and now the next thing on the list is exactly what you said - quicker shifts. :)

As for mid nines, I don't know. I only have a 71mm turbo and don't plan on being crazy aggressive with it, as I don't want to break every weekend. LOL We'll see though.

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice times for sure for the first time out! Can you go into detail on your drivetrain mods? Such as TRD rear, driveshaft, any bushing replacements for the rear end, clutch, etc?

I think you are selling yourself short though. I bet it has mid 9s in it.

Steve
Thanks!

The rear is stock, driveshaft stock, the clutch is RPS C/C Twin Disk, and has been great for me so far.

I am not shooting for mid nines.....don't want to be too hard on the car. I like a bit of reliability. :)

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Super Moderator
13,801 Posts
You have a GREAT mentor/teacher in Tony Brock and he's a fantastic AEM tuner as well. Congrats on your times and best of luck. Nice gif you posted in the other thread, btw.

Ken.

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You have a GREAT mentor/teacher in Tony Brock and he's a fantastic AEM tuner as well. Congrats on your times and best of luck. Nice gif you posted in the other thread, btw.

Ken.
I'd have to agree with you about Tony. He tuned the car originally and has "re-tuned" it with all the build changes I've made, and has helped me with learning how to launch it as well. The driveability and cold start are great on the car, which I hear isn't common on AEM EMS cars.

· WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
9,209 Posts
Very nice Emily. I 2nd the awesomeness or a girl racing a 6MT, not an auto:)
That Driveshaft is most likely going to break, I pretzled mine while only on 18psi on ET streets. I can get you a WOTM if you need it. 2 piece, built.

I just got my car running recently after blowing out that freeze plug at Tx2k8, I feel your pain!

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Very nice Emily. I 2nd the awesomeness or a girl racing a 6MT, not an auto:)
That Driveshaft is most likely going to break, I pretzled mine while only on 18psi on ET streets. I can get you a WOTM if you need it. 2 piece, built.

I just got my car running recently after blowing out that freeze plug at Tx2k8, I feel your pain!
I had an auto before and they are less frustrating to learn on, but also less fun to drive too. I'm glad it's a 6 spd.

Hopefully I wont break my driveshaft, but I'm guessing from seeing everyone else's experience that I will eventually. LOL

Congrats on getting your car back on the road!

· 8 sec supra chick!
3,030 Posts
Awsome! Great to see you taking her out to the track. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress!

· Speed Addicted
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on getting the car back and the good time slips! So what technique did you use to launch anyway?
Thanks! I'm very glad I got it running again for sure!!

What technique? Well, I don't know what the technique would be called, but basically I just burned off the tires really well then when the other guy staged (or if I was running single then when I staged), I immediately hit 2 step until the second yellow light came on then I slipped the clutch slowly out until it could keep the RPM over 5K so I wouldn't bog. It was spinning all through my 60 ft, but it was a motivated spin as I was definitely moving. Each pass didn't end up perfect, but it was close enough to still get a pretty decent 60 ft.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.