Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES!
That is correct,
I decided to keep it, and swap a new 7mgte in.
Eddie (used to post on the forum's about 2 years ago...collects and drives older yotas), is doing the engine swap, or did it haha, and did it in about 3 days I think it's been? Engine is in, he's going to tune it tomorrow and should have it ready by mid day.
I may be owing my parents about a grand now, but it's worth it, I'm glad I kept her.
Saved about 700 bucks from the price the shop priced it at.

On the downside...
I had taken it to the Japanese Auto Care place in the first place, and when I towed it to eddie's, when I got there, we noticed a dent in it, right at the end of the rear right quarter, right next to the door. Ughhhhhhhhh. Never taking it back there again. I need to go in and ask what the hell they're going to do about it.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Paintless Dent Repair has worked wonders for me...you might want to consider that if it is an option for you. Good luck!

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Theodore said:
Paintless Dent Repair has worked wonders for me...you might want to consider that if it is an option for you. Good luck!
Is it just like a kit you can buy at schucks or something?

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
428 Posts
kylefoto said:
Is it just like a kit you can buy at schucks or something?
It's a service that places offer if I'm not mistaken. Some of them meet you in a parking lot for convenience but I don't have any experience with any of them.

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, thanks!

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
hate to be the bringer of bad news, but your car left their lot, they cannot be held responcible for the dent. they will just claim it happened after you left their lot. it has happened to me before, valet put two dents in my car and i didnt notice it until i left the garage. needless to say, i got nothing but two dents to show for it.

good luck tho, and glad you got your car back!

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
You wouldn't want to PDR your own car as a first attempt, but they do sell basic kits at some auto parts stores. I was referring to having a professional do it in my above post. They typically charge either per dent or per panel, and some are pretty flexibile in terms of coming to you.

Steve T.

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve Theodore said:
You wouldn't want to PDR your own car as a first attempt, but they do sell basic kits at some auto parts stores. I was referring to having a professional do it in my above post. They typically charge either per dent or per panel, and some are pretty flexibile in terms of coming to you.

Steve T.
Gotcha.
I'll look into that!
Thanks Steve!

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got her back a couple hours ago...
runnin like a champ
adjusted the BOV finally and isn't dying anymore.
I think it's pulling better than my other engine too?!
dope.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
yea eddie is a good guy, and knows his shit. wana take me up on that rematch now? :lol:

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heff, I no longer have problems with my fuel, and don't think it was the fuel now, because I don't have that problem. Lets go, we're ON! Once it dries up of course... fuckin rain.

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pictures, are none exsistant because washington is being shitty right now and raining all day long. And my targa is leaking hardcore. But just on my drivers side. I went to take off from my friends this morning and stopped at a stop sign on a hill and a bunch of water gushed in.
I'll get some pictures soon though! This engine is REALLY clean, at least on the inside, and it hasn't leaked much. It was taken good care of.

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
kylefoto said:
The pictures, are none exsistant because washington is being shitty right now and raining all day long. And my targa is leaking hardcore. But just on my drivers side. I went to take off from my friends this morning and stopped at a stop sign on a hill and a bunch of water gushed in.
I'll get some pictures soon though! This engine is REALLY clean, at least on the inside, and it hasn't leaked much. It was taken good care of.
Yeah, I remember when my top leaked like that. Haha, good for small pranks cause mine leaked on the passenger side. :naughty: Go to a dealer and buy the new seals: there are three pieces and I believe it cost me around $120 for all of them (with a discount, which I could get for you, if you would like... :agreed: )

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
djsupra7 said:
Yeah, I remember when my top leaked like that. Haha, good for small pranks cause mine leaked on the passenger side. :naughty: Go to a dealer and buy the new seals: there are three pieces and I believe it cost me around $120 for all of them (with a discount, which I could get for you, if you would like... :agreed: )
I'll let you know if I need them.
I owe my parents like 1400 right now for the engine swap soooooo yeah, don't have too much spending money... haha.
Thank you!

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
kylefoto said:
Heff, I no longer have problems with my fuel, and don't think it was the fuel now, because I don't have that problem. Lets go, we're ON! Once it dries up of course... fuckin rain.

:rockon:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts