Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about give up on my NA.

Yea it's nice car and everything but it's probably not worth the insurance rate which is over $2500 a year with $1000 dedutable collision. I commute almost 100 miles (mostly highway) everyday and the gas consumption rate is too high. I estimate about 17 mpg average.

I wanted to sale my NA several times before and everytime good weather comes around and I would take off the targa roof. I ended up changing my mind.

Would anyone recommend the BMW over the Supra?

:D I guess asking this questions in Supra forums is kinda :p but.

http://www.geocities.com/tkngo2009/SupraProjectApexi.html

S

·
0 Posts
noooooo

It's a Supra, you can't give up on it! Well, ultimately its your car so its your choice, but I'm willing to bet you will be kicking yourself later if you do get rid of it.

L

·
0 Posts
think

i undertsand how u feel...i think the same way too..i live in Boston and only pay $1400/year for insurance and i am a step 10.....$500 deductible.....u are probably 21 or 22 years old....

Think before u make this move...Supras kick ass..they look so awesome....no cars look better than the Supra..not even a new M3..trust me!!!!
think about it seriously!!!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Both are very nice cars, but both serve different purposes. And I'm willing to bet the gas mileage won't be any better with the bimmer. And from a reliability standpoint the toyota will run circles around the BMW..........and cost alot less in maintenance............It's your choice, good luck:)

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
well, i used to get 22.4mpg on my 1996 328is (bigger engine, so im assuming the 2.5 will be even better) and that was freeway/local mix.. so im assuming that gas mileage will be better, although my NA seems to get 22-26mph on the freeway.. and insurance might actually be more expensive for the bmw since it is newer/more expensive

well, either way you cant go wrong. if you have the money to buy a brand new bmw, why not sell your NA and get a TT? :D

Y

·
0 Posts
I used to own a 323 in Australia, and I think I would take the Supra over the BMW. However, I was stuck in traffic behind a new 330 convertable this morning....:rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
If you are looking for gas milage, believe it or not try the 6 speed C5 Vette's. My 99' gets 22 around town, and a REAL 32-33MPG on the highway at 70-75MPH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts