Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am out at the wednesday night spot (Starbucks at 610/westhiemer) with about 50 bike in the parking lot. LOL. I am looking for a race badly...i know it's gonna have to be a pretty fast bike for it to be fun. I see one of the bike guys i know on a ZX10 (Jeremy) and ask him about any fast bikes in the parking lot. After a few minutes i walk to the Supra where i pop the hood to show a friend of mine (Grayson) the new setup. Jeremy comes over and says i got one! He's spraying! .....

ok i just got home from the Shop where i started the story....

i start the car and warm it up a bit waiting for the gixxer to pull up along side in the front of Starbucks. We roll out about 30 bikes strong. make the u-turn at the light and head to 610/59 entrance ramp. The bike does a wicked 1st gear roll on power burnout/ tire spin at about 15mph to 40mph...so i do the same, a 2nd gear brake boost to "warm up" the BFG KDs. As we enter the freeway to 59S i check oil temp, pressure and boost settings. I do a small 1/2 throttle roll on and get ready. As we pull along side each other coming up to the Bellaire exit i check with the Bike guy and make sure he's ready...he gives me the wave....

i drop to 3rd gear, and start to brake boost honk 3 times....and whaaaaa! the Wastgate is open boost guage is pegged at 2.0 and the RPM climing fast, POW bang the Rev. limiter and 4th for a perfect shift. The bike jumped a little bit, (front tires are even me and the bike) but in no time and i mean no time i was ahead in the top of 4th gear cresting over Fondren/Bellaire (i think)...into 5th and the bike is loosing ground fast. i coast in 6th and engine brake cause the brakes are worthless at 150+. I slow to 120 then apply the brakes and i am suddenly swarmed with bikes! as we exit Bissinette i notice the clutch pedal is very very light. i try to drop in 4th and no go...i pull over to the parking lot after the U turn and succome to clutch ownage. i babied it to the shop (less than 1 mile) with a clutch that will not disengage and called for help.

back in the parking lot one of the 30 bike guys asked if i lost. I told him No. He said "But the other guy had to go around a truck" i said "Look man i am not trying to start any shit...wait for the guy to get here then we'll see what he says." I found out the bike is a GSX-R 1000 (04 05) with a 60 shot, extended swing arm and geared for quarter mile (170 that's it)! so that's why the bike fell back that hard. One of the other new GSX-R 1000 guys wants to run, but my clutch is broken.

All in all a great night, 33psi on the auxilary boost gauge

Kareem

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Farhad said:
nice race!!! way to represent!!! you puttin a new clutch in???

~Farhad G.
we'll see i hope it's a snap ring or something simple. RPS CC clutch

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kuuligan said:
nice race man. What time do you guys meet up there on wednesdays?
i ussually get there at 10:30 to 11:00

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Nice Kareem. Hopefully it wasn't flywheel bolt that backed out. I had one do this that result in the same symptoms.

DP

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Suprafied said:
Nice Kareem. Hopefully it wasn't flywheel bolt that backed out. I had one do this that result in the same symptoms.

DP
backed out bolts. I was hoping it was just a snap ring, but eveything is good. The flywheel / crank surface needs a little filing.

Kareem

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
During clutch installation did you use any Loctite on the bolts? Just curious

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
makaveli200369 said:
During clutch installation did you use any Loctite on the bolts? Just curious
yep. RED loctite

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
interesting..are the flywheel bolts known to do that when using the CC? Any ideas what causes this? Any bolts backing out that had loctite on it is amazing. I have a hard time pulling out the hatch bump stops that had loctite on it. It was like a welded bolt.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good kill Kareem. I'd like to see what your car could do the quarter mile in and what mph. :bigok:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice kill- i would love to run a car like yours but there is really nothing in town worth the gas. You should really try to run a 06 1k gixxer stock just to get a taste of that they have to give.. you'll be impressed

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
makaveli200369 said:
interesting..are the flywheel bolts known to do that when using the CC? Any ideas what causes this? Any bolts backing out that had loctite on it is amazing. I have a hard time pulling out the hatch bump stops that had loctite on it. It was like a welded bolt.

hatch bolts do not encounter the heat that gets generated in the area of the clutch

1 - 20 of 27 Posts