Supra Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
What's with you guys who paint without sanding (prepping) first? :D :p

Any of you who have gotten significantly lasting paint without sanding first, you should consider yourselves fortunate (you wouldn't want to open these lights twice, would you :) ).....think of how even the factory shit flakes off in a few yrs. The only factory paint on these lights (97-98) that last even longer are the garaged cars I believe.

But again, looks great sofaking....I think my taste is changing for the painted insides ;)

wunmagikalpinoy - STILL CAN'T BETTER THAN GLASS OVER PLASTIC! :p

·
Registered
468 Posts
Euro glass headlights

I just installed my euro glass headlights and the aiming is perfect. No adjustments needed. Dan at elmhurst is the man.

T

·
0 Posts
Yeah I didn't have to adjust my euros...they work great..i've had all 3 styles..and Like the glass the best..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anybody try the glass lenses from the Euro's on the 97-98 style?
Seems like that would be the best combo, but a fairly large investment for some people. This is what I would like to do with my '97 when the lenses start looking crappy. Wondering if the lens swap works without issues with sealing the lens.

·
Registered
759 Posts
SofaKingFast said:
Or you could just paint the euro's :D

So you *can* get the euros apart to paint them! That's the way I'm goin'!

Did they come apart just like the plastic ones? (a little heat in the oven to soften the glue and pull them apart?) *edit* (nevermind, i didn't read far enough down in the thread!)

·
Registered
759 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
I wouldn't trade........aiming them is kind of a PITA, but if you got a Sunday afternoon to kill go for it :)
Aiming isn't *that* bad. Put up a sheet of butcher paper, plotter paper or some other big piece of white paper up on the garage door. Park your car about 15' or so back from the garage door and turn the lights. Mark on the paper where the hotspots/general pattern of the headlights are. Next, change out the headlights and line the light patterns up to the same *approximate* positions (yes, i realize that the patterns are different on the us and euro lenses.)

With that, you should be almost there. Nothing more than a few very minor tweaks should take care of it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts