Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They wanted to make the crate LS7 easy to put in most GM vehicles.
This is one example of the GM exercise - shown on the Hot Rod Power Tour

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Interesting how they show a GTO when it's death is near. I guess they expect people to do that swap. It would be fun.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Doesn't look like much of a engineering "feat" replacing a LS based motor for another one. Granted you have the dry sump and other small difference's but not a real challenge. And the hood scoop is not functional and is ugly as shit. They didn't even upgrade the wheel/tire combo, so it probably can't put the increased power down. And NO upgraded brake's? At least they could have put a Z06 brake package on the car with the power increase and the heavy weight of the car already. And as previously stated, they couldn't have used a current platform of a car (saturn sky, colorado truck, or an hhr for example) instead of a discontinued model. This is why GM is going under. Time for them to think outside the box a liitle and put a little more effort into their car's before it's too late.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish they would have put it in a 3rd gen rx7. Guess they couldnt do that though. The 2005-2006 GTOs have really good brakes btw kerry1.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
trdsolara said:
The 2005-2006 GTOs have really good brakes btw kerry1.
They are good for the car stock (my friend has a twin turbo GTO) but you would think with GM tech's would take from the "part's bin" a little and upgrade them while they were building the car. It just seem's like a major oversight to me. :rolleyes:

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
kerry1 said:
Doesn't look like much of a engineering "feat" replacing a LS based motor for another one. Granted you have the dry sump and other small difference's but not a real challenge. And the hood scoop is not functional and is ugly as shit. They didn't even upgrade the wheel/tire combo, so it probably can't put the increased power down. And NO upgraded brake's? At least they could have put a Z06 brake package on the car with the power increase and the heavy weight of the car already. And as previously stated, they couldn't have used a current platform of a car (saturn sky, colorado truck, or an hhr for example) instead of a discontinued model. This is why GM is going under. Time for them to think outside the box a liitle and put a little more effort into their car's before it's too late.
So they didn't put all different parts on this car so that is why GM is going down? I guess you have missed all the other GTO's and specialty cars they have built too? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
G said:
So they didn't put all different parts on this car so that is why GM is going down? I guess you have missed all the other GTO's and specialty cars they have built too? :rolleyes:
Because it wasn't much of an effort, just like all their other new car's currently available. (except Z06) :lame:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts