Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
AHH, I was just about to start a thread on the same topic. Check out this thread on supramania Oneandgone is making a complete kit to adapt a TH-350/TH-400 to a 7M.......

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257

I'm talking with him right now trying to figure out the differences between the 7M's auto bellhousing and the 1JZ's. I plan to sometime this year to put a TH-350 in my car. He did say he will be needing to make a custom torque converter but it won't be too difficult.

What I need to find out is what the differences are between the 1JZ's auto bellhousing and the 7M's, and if there are differences what are they? Also does anyone have a spare auto bellhousing, or know where I can get one?

Also what are the diffrences of the crank and flywheel between the 1JZ/2JZ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fstlane88 said:
AHH, I was just about to start a thread on the same topic. Check out this thread on supramania Oneandgone is making a complete kit to adapt a TH-350/TH-400 to a 7M.......

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257

I'm talking with him right now trying to figure out the differences between the 7M's auto bellhousing and the 1JZ's. I plan to sometime this year to put a TH-350 in my car. He did say he will be needing to make a custom torque converter but it won't be too difficult.

What I need to find out is what the differences are between the 1JZ's auto bellhousing and the 7M's, and if there are differences what are they? Also does anyone have a spare auto bellhousing, or know where I can get one?

Also what are the diffrences of the crank and flywheel between the 1JZ/2JZ?
DON'T KNOW THE DIFF BETWEEN 7M AND 1J, BUT THERE'S NO DIFF BETWEEN 1J AND 2J

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
the 7m is different,my 1jz trans is in my car.if it wasn't together i could of got a pic.1jz auto trans are really cheap,i've seen them go for $100.
keith

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So the crank and flywheel (Flexplate is the correct term for the right?) is the same between the 1 and 2JZ engines?

At least in the regard we're focusing on here.

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
I'll say this about the swap, IT ain't hard to do :) Actually its borderline easy. As far as the flexplate issue, use a 1jz flexplate. and have it drilled to accomodate the larger torque converter studs.

Use a 2jz auto bellhousing and have whoever builds your tranny cuth the TC down to fit your specific needs. Call SP and order their adapter plate for 275.00 and then figure out all of the little things, like the crossmember and speedo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts