Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Recovering Supraholic
Joined
·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys with single AUTO, I need some feedback on your experiences ugrading to SINGLE, what size is best, what TC you use if any... How long did the transmission last etc.
 

·
Na Zdrowie
Joined
·
958 Posts
May I sugguest the "search" button, you will find numerous threads.

My personal experience, I've been single for over 3 years with a SP67GT. 67 the best all-around street turbo, good spool and good top end. I have a built tranny from SP and a 4k stall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
67mm turbo is a good "street" choice. Build you trans first though... Go with BL or SP whatever suits your needs better. BL is cheaper, but SP has their advantages. If a daily driver stick with a 3800 or less converter. Heat buildup is a major concern over 3800 stall speed. Perfect scenario for a daily driver would be 67 ball bearing with a 3800 converter and BL/SP auto. Of course you will need fuel sys./tuning sys. as well.
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
10,067 Posts
Luna said:
Guys with single AUTO, I need some feedback on your experiences ugrading to SINGLE, what size is best, what TC you use if any... How long did the transmission last etc.
depends on what you want to do.
I wanted a daily driver and a road course car. (yes - even in an auto).
I upgraded to 57 kit from Boost Logic with the relevant upgrades - Greddy 3-row, Koyo radiator, tranny coolers, etc.....
This makes enough power for the stock auto tranny. More power would require an upgraded tranny - which I'll probably do sometimes anyway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Hey Vick on the 57 how have you dyno'd at what boost? Also is a 3200 stall enough to launch the car? Looks like I'm going for the same exact thing you were.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Luna said:
Guys with single AUTO, I need some feedback on your experiences ugrading to SINGLE, what size is best, what TC you use if any... How long did the transmission last etc.
I am currently running BL's T67 kit and their upgraded tranny with a 3800 stall...along with PHR's stage 1 fuel system...I've put a bit more than 4K miles on the setup...all is still well. Lag is hardly noticable with the stall...thinking of trying at least a 71 in the near future.
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
10,067 Posts
Kal said:
Hey Vick on the 57 how have you dyno'd at what boost? Also is a 3200 stall enough to launch the car? Looks like I'm going for the same exact thing you were.
I haven't really dyno'ed for power, just tuning.
I think it was showing ~ 420 at 14 psi.
Since I don't drag race, I don't know about the stall.
 
G

·
Rode in a friends car with a 3800 Precision Ind. stall and SP trans... running a Greddy T78...

spooled up at 3800 and pulled to 9000....

29psi of boost, car made ~ 780whp.

It had such a powerband that it literally couldn't be beat by any other supra in street races and from a roll...

car ran 10.70's at 136mph spinning with a 2.2 60ft time on drag radials
10.70's at 144mph with a 2.35 60ft spinning through the 1/8th with a 60hp shot of N2O

I know it was one of the fastest cars because I went with him to SUPRAS INVADE HOUSTON 2K4... and all the 1100whp 6spd guys were sucking wind on him because of his powerband and the engine load transferred to exhaust energy because of the loading created by the auto tranny...

TURBO CARS SHOULD ALWAYS RUN AUTO TRANNIES!!!!!

;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
WRXINTX said:
Rode in a friends car with a 3800 Precision Ind. stall and SP trans... running a Greddy T78...

spooled up at 3800 and pulled to 9000....

29psi of boost, car made ~ 780whp.

It had such a powerband that it literally couldn't be beat by any other supra in street races and from a roll...

car ran 10.70's at 136mph spinning with a 2.2 60ft time on drag radials
10.70's at 144mph with a 2.35 60ft spinning through the 1/8th with a 60hp shot of N2O

I know it was one of the fastest cars because I went with him to SUPRAS INVADE HOUSTON 2K4... and all the 1100whp 6spd guys were sucking wind on him because of his powerband and the engine load transferred to exhaust energy because of the loading created by the auto tranny...

TURBO CARS SHOULD ALWAYS RUN AUTO TRANNIES!!!!!

;-)

:rofl: I do agree with your last statement though...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top