Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the tile states I'm going a day early and goign to Galveston. Whats fun to do there. I wanted to got to an aquarium or something.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
When are you going to Galveston? I'll be down there Wednesday a bit before noon doing some photos with my Supra and my friends GTO.

I'll pm you my number if you want to join us for pictures.

As far as things to do in Galveston, I dunno how much of downtown is recovered but there's always cool shops in downton and there's a ton of restaurants down the strand, not to mention stores.

The last time I went, which was right after the middle of Jan., there wasn't too much to do at all because they were still cleaning up from the storm. I'm not sure how it is now.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You can check out the sail boats laying along the road side on 61st street. Then have a look at the remains of the Flagship hotel. :)

Honestly I'd probably check out Moody Gardens Aquarium and grab some dinner at Guido's. They trucked in tons of new sand so the beaches are clean for once.

For the most part everythings cleaned up however 50% of the businesses are gone. The only thing remaining over the water is the busted up hotel. All the major restaurants and gift shops not over water and operational.

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can have a check out the sail boats laying along the road side on 61st street. Then have a look at the remains of the Flagship hotel. :)

Honestly I'd probably check out Moody Gardens Aquarium and grab some dinner at Guido's. They trucked in tons of new sand so the beaches are clean for once.

For the most part everythings cleaned up however 50% of the businesses are gone. The only thing remaining over the water is the busted up hotel. All the major restaurants and gift shops not over water and operational.

Thanks for the help man. We went and had a good time. I think I was a bit under dressed for Guido's being that I walked out of the ocean and into some dry clothes then into the restaurant. We got the waiter to loosen up and by the end he was making fun of one of my buddies. The food was good also.

Moody Gardens was fun. We saw the 4D film and went to the aquarium.

Here are some of the pics. I still need to track down the pics of me playing in the ocean like a kid lol.

Here are some of my car and the NM crew

I always said I wanted to drive my car to the beach :)

Random Galveston destruction pics

Moody Gardens aquarium.

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flagship Hotel a little torn up form hurricane Ike.

Random overexposed pic lol.

Spreading new sand on the beach

Trucking in the sand

·
1 EVIL IS
857 Posts
Nice. What night did you guys go down to Galvestin?

I think next year. We need to set up a meet/dinner down at the aquarium place. I ate there a few years back. Me and friends went down to G-town for a few hours before the Frankenstiens meet. But we didn't go to the Aquarium.

·
Hayabusa Killer
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I think next year. We need to set up a meet/dinner down at the aquarium place. I ate there a few years back. Me and friends went down to G-town for a few hours before the Frankenstiens meet. But we didn't go to the Aquarium.

We got in late Tuesday night and spend the whole next day there.

·
Registered
299 Posts

The Aquarium is in Kemah...they have an amusement park there now along side the restaurants...they had to tear all those rides down after the hurricane and put everything back up....
there is another Aquarium in Downtown Houston now too.

·
1 EVIL IS
857 Posts
The Aquarium is in Kemah...they have an amusement park there now along side the restaurants...they had to tear all those rides down after the hurricane and put everything back up....
there is another Aquarium in Downtown Houston now too.
Yeah we saw the sign for the one downtown. I didn't know if it was a restaurant too, a aquarium/zoo, or some sort of indoor scuba diving thing. haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts