Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im drawing out the bends I may need here on a few photos I have while Im at work, and I dont know what I shoul do about my lower IC pipe... what dimensio pipes whould I go w/... Ive heard larger on one side and smaller on another... what are some of you guys running w/ the t04 turbos, not the ct's? I have the older style TEMS units and am making a few mock up draiwngs as far as the piping is concerned....

any help would be apreciated,

cassio

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.....these pipes are for the 87-88 style stock IC....

cassio

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
It is my understanding that, ideally, you want to increase diameter of piping as it routes from turbo to TB ... due to pressure droping along the route.

I have seen many go 2inch from turbo to IC, 2.5 inch from IC to where the piping straightens out (like where the 3000 pipe would be) and then have 3inch piping for the "3000" pipe section.

I have seen 2inch pre IC and 2.5 inch IC to TB.

I have seen 2.5 inch turbo to TB.

If I were you .. I would be fabbing up a FF intake. You have done a lot of work with the motor out .. and I wouldn't "cut myself short" with the IC piping routed like stock/stock Side face intake manifold. I would definitely go FF intake manifld first and draw out IC piping for that route. I can see fabbing up some stock-like IC piping if that's all you were doing/wanted to increase flow a bit for your "BPU" set-up ... but you have done a lot of work and I would definitely compliment it with a FF intake. JMO.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ff intake, is this the same as on the 1j? foward facing? It is true that I have been doing a lot of work w/ the engine out, but I am going to take it out again this summer to add some other goods ;) thats when I may go to the more efficient intake.. but for now Im going to use the stock 7m intake. I want to get the car on the road so I can start other projects that I have in store for it, (repaint/body work, install my new interior, fuel mods, then make it show worthy, then do all the nice upgrades such as the 14" BBK that I just saw, larger FMIC, FF intake) right now I just want to fab pipes that wont leak and need a few suggestions..... awidesupie I wont cut myself short anywhere on this car.... i just want to get the feeling of being able to drive her...tired of driving my GF's honda civic everywhere... even if it does have tht large vtec-e in it :lol:

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice, the welds look seemless... I was also looking at your site, whats the deal w/ the altenator? is that a larger ambulance altenator? because Im giong to install something like that later down the road.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Those are some of the nicest looking/laid-oiut IC pipes I have ever seen for stock/similar to stock routing. Mad props to Karsten.

Info .. I could ask a lot.

How about you start another thread .. somehting like "check out my IC pipes". Tell us all about the idea/the materials/the fab write-up/including parts/tools/prices/coatings/etc etc.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, give us all of the angles you used and what not, Id like to have mine route in a similar fashion... let us know the dimensions as well....

cassio

·
Asshole MKIV owner.
1,011 Posts
I know this isnt the best pic but you can get the idea of how I did my IC pipes. I went with 2.5 inch IC pipes from the turbo to the IC, and then 3 inch IC pipes from the IC to the throttle body. My end takes were on opposite ends so they had to be really long, too bad I dont have a jz style intake manifold, oh well.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
supra speed, nice setup.... take your powesteering filler, and takie it to a wheel and apply clearcoat to it, to stop tht surface rust.... but the setup looks good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Awid:

Will post a new thread later today where I will give a more detailed description of the set-up and ad a few more pictures :))

Mk3ownZ:

Nice pcv catch can I have right :))........ Well, it was cheap. I was in a hurry to get the car out and my polished Alu catch can was not yet ready. Well, it is on its way into the engine room now.

Later
Karsten
www.supra4ever.dk/index.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts