Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

well I've been toying with the idea of turbocharging my cressida for a while and now with another friend going in on turbo'ing his cressida, i figured it's time to take the plunge.

Now, I read the "Basic NA-T Install" thread and it was awesome. But there are a few questions I still have:

-I will be converting the Cressida from auto to a W58 manual from a MKIII supra. Will I need to swap the Cressida ECU for the Manual Supra ECU?

-The turbo Im using will be internally wastegated, do I just use a blockoff plate for the external wastegate on the turbo manifold?

-I will be upgrading to 440cc turbo supra injectors (7M-GTE). Will I be able to use the stock MAF and boost at 10psi without going 100% duty-cycle on the injectors (since they are 440cc and not 300cc)?

I know these sound really stupid to some of you, but these really are the only questions I have left before I start buying parts, thank you much.

·
Registered
936 Posts
vile1 said:
Hey guys,

well I've been toying with the idea of turbocharging my cressida for a while and now with another friend going in on turbo'ing his cressida, i figured it's time to take the plunge.

Now, I read the "Basic NA-T Install" thread and it was awesome. But there are a few questions I still have:

-I will be converting the Cressida from auto to a W58 manual from a MKIII supra. Will I need to swap the Cressida ECU for the Manual Supra ECU?

-The turbo Im using will be internally wastegated, do I just use a blockoff plate for the external wastegate on the turbo manifold?

-I will be upgrading to 440cc turbo supra injectors (7M-GTE). Will I be able to use the stock MAF and boost at 10psi without going 100% duty-cycle on the injectors (since they are 440cc and not 300cc)?

I know these sound really stupid to some of you, but these really are the only questions I have left before I start buying parts, thank you much.
No
yes
@ 10 psi you are likely to maxout the maf and hit 100% duty cycle

You will need something to controll the 400's on the ge ecu

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
How much work is it to swap a 1jzgte in a cressida? I am toying with the idea of picking one up as a beater and then doing the swap down the road. Or just do a gte bottom end on the 7mge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts